And today I did......

Re:

Congrats on the move. Couldn't have been an easy decision, but definitely the right one. Once things settle, I'm sure you'll feel the benefit of having more free time.
Back pain always a hard one. Do too much and you'll suffer, do too little and you seize up.
Your full bike collection make the move? Hope you've got a decent man cave for it all. If not you can always use the Robmac method and sleep in the shed and turn the bedroom into bike space. :)

Re:

It definitely doesn't feel good I can tell you Jamie! I'm looking forward to the day where I can move freely again, I may celebrate with a cartwheel or two :LOL:
Theres's a first time for everything, looking forward to the inaugural "MacRetro Cross Border Raid Lakes Ride 2018" or MCBRLR 2018 for short :mrgreen:

Re:

Cheers Clubby, time will tell if it's the right move but I had to do something to get my life back. Was sick of living out of a suitcase and the constant driving back and forth was doing my nut in.
The new place has a garage so this will become a full on man cave once I get it fixed up and the full collection will have a proper home rather than being strewn all over my flat. I may even get the last few projects finished finally!
I went back to work last week after a couple of days off, as was feeling better, then the next day my back was aching and could hardly move on Sunday/Monday again so definitely need to find that balance as you say. Went to an Osteopath this week so hopefully he'll get me sorted in a few weeks :? I've self medicated a bit tonight with a few bottles of "liquid pain relief" which seems to have improved my mood if nothing else :mrgreen:

Re:

On Dad Duty at Panda 2's flat - holding fort for the gasman who's turning up between 8am and 1pm to service boiler. Now after 3pm and he's only just arrived. :roll: :roll:

However has discovered that Bike for Good have a shop 10 mins walk away in Vicky Road, so if he finishes PDQ I may go for a gander :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Victoria Road shop is not exciting - just a basic bike repair and spares shop, so this morning I ventured to Partick and the Bike for Good HQ workshop :D

Several bikes for sale at cheap prices but most things with a desireable badge were £200/£300/£400. Nice old Claud Butler tastefully built and ready to go was £300 and a vgc Dawes Galaxy was up for £400.

Nice Merkx roadie frame of approx 21" for £40 and a few other interesting items in the usual rummage boxes.

Found a pair of Campag hubbed 27" wheels (which I've been looking for for a while now without wanting to break the bank) for the 1961 Flying Scot and a pair of yellow walled, puncture protected Schwalbe tyres for the Bianchi which cost me 50 beer tokens all in :D

Re:

Completed stage two of the humungous clear out so now I have five frames only !
Frank the frame I got off THM is being built up as my sole MTB be it both retro and current. Always wanted a late steel Spesh Rockhopper so Frank fits bill perfect. Two or three frames will be sold off plus a fair few components leaving me hopefully with no more than three working bikes. Strangely the more I get rid of the better I feel. Bikes seem to have been a madness to me, literally I was Velomaniac !!!

Damn it Velo, you're shaming me.

My N-x programme has resulted in a N+1, a rather nice Peugeot mixte for my wife.

And I was visiting a vintage enthusiast mate yesterday and nearly came home with a nice 1930s N+2 bike.

Re: Re:

velomaniac":3a7ydq10 said:
Completed stage two of the humungous clear out so now I have five frames only !
Frank the frame I got off THM is being built up as my sole MTB be it both retro and current. Always wanted a late steel Spesh Rockhopper so Frank fits bill perfect. Two or three frames will be sold off plus a fair few components leaving me hopefully with no more than three working bikes. Strangely the more I get rid of the better I feel. Bikes seem to have been a madness to me, literally I was Velomaniac !!!

Well done Velo, can’t have been an easy decision. Better to get a few reliable bikes you want to ride, rather than just a collection of bits. Hope the Bike station puts them to good use.

Back