And today I did......

did the same last night, took the intense up through quarry to fire roads in kelty wids. stayed off the trails as was getting darkish and place was deserted.

first ride after GT7, legs were tired at start but after that felt great, this hill training seems to be working as felt great on the climbs again.

Wee trip up to Ballater with my mate to ride Heartbreak Ridge.
Long steady climb up into the clouds but cleared on the way down, leaving us free to enjoy one of the best natural descents in Scotland.
Had to climb over a deer fence to reach the road at the end, and surprised a “courting couple” enjoying each other company in the back of their car. Got an unexpected view through the windscreen of a full moon bouncing up and down from 4 foot up the fence. Had to climb down as I was laughing so much. Retired to a respectful distance before they sped off down the South Deeside road.
Anyone know someone with a blue Golf R32 that was up that way today?

clubby":2n07xp3a said:
surprised a “courting couple” enjoying each other company in the back of their car. Got an unexpected view through the windscreen of a full moon bouncing up and down

Pics or it didn't happen! :LOL: (we know you have pics Clubby ;) ).

Heartbreak Ridge is on my list for this summer, have heard folk raving about it. Is it really that good?

clubby":1unz0jgu said:
Anyone know someone with a blue Golf R32 that was up that twat today?

Is that what ye meant to write? :mrgreen:

When ye mentioned last week about doing it I had a wee look on Youtube, looked good, no sure if I'd like the climb up though. Getting mair auld and infirm by the day. :facepalm:

Yes Jim, it’s that good. Have pics from the (bike) ride but not the other kind.

Rob, couldn’t have been you, the guy in the car was actually getting some!

OCP, climb up is long but steady. Nothing too steep to ride. Definitely a summer ride though, as the top track is quite peaty and was still wet in places today.

Mr Panda, male unfortunately otherwise I’d have still been sitting up that fence.

Re:

After over 2 years from my redundancy from my previous employ and my subsequent college based retraining I signed my new contract of full time employment today :D
I am a Pharmacy Dispenser and will be working in the Lyndsey and Gilmour high street Chemists in Portobello Edinburgh full time. A chance to earn some dosh at last :D
Hopefully I will not hate it as I really need the cash :facepalm:

Re: Re:

velomaniac":1vkyxb4c said:
After over 2 years from my redundancy from my previous employ and my subsequent college based retraining I signed my new contract of full time employment today :D
I am a Pharmacy Dispenser and will be working in the Lyndsey and Gilmour high street Chemists in Portobello Edinburgh full time. A chance to earn some dosh at last :D
Hopefully I will not hate it as I really need the cash :facepalm:

So you'll be taking something for it? :) And is your real name Frank?

Great news. You deserve it.

"Do you sell condoms? Yes? Well wash your hands then because I want a quarter of cough drops."

Bit warm for a coat. I'll go as I am.

Back