And today I did......

Today I sat in the granny ring for the first time in a year... And ran out of gears for the first time in several years.

I'm in the Serra D'Arga mountains in northern Portugal... And it's amazing!

2400 feet (735m) of climb in a 16 mile round trip... Had to stop twice, once to cool down and the other to persuade a big black Labrador that he really did want to let me cycle past his house without biting me.

Stunning views from the top...

DSC_0040_zps61nwmcuo.jpg

DSC_0042_zpsv0dymzvh.jpg

DSC_0047_zps9frf6m4q.jpg

The river pool and bridge are almost at the top... It's almost surreal.

Sadly, I managed to kill a snake that chose the wrong way to slither out of my path, but I wasn't swerving to avoid it at 40+!

Re:

Yesterday - watched an Osprey pulling a large trout/salmon out of the North Esk Estuary at St Cyrus beach. Bird nearly failed to get outta the water with the weight of fish. Then watched it nosh on fish for 10/15 minutes before flying off :D

Today - watched two adult and one very noisy juvenile Peregrine Falcons doing their thing along cliffs at the back of St Cyrus beach for an hour or so :D :D

Also got diagnosed with Adenoviral Conjunctivitus - pisser :cool:

Two outta three ain't bad.... .... ....

Re:

Nothing.
I've done nothing for the last few days due to a torn calf muscle :facepalm:
Spending my time laid on the sofa with leg elevated and regular ice packs, who knew that a muscle injury could be so bloody painful?
At least I've been able to watch live coverage of the Tour de France all afternoon though :D

Re: Re:

jimo746":2xpj4yf6 said:
Nothing.
I've done nothing for the last few days due to a torn calf muscle :facepalm: ...
Take it easy on the recovery.

I did that just after the 'Puffer and then repeated it twice by getting stuck in too soon. Each time I was confident I was ok :(

Re: Re:

RobMac":1uzze4iz said:
Today I went out for a ride in strong winds and "some" short sharp climbs and didn't die, which is always a bonus :?
Some thing clicked last weekend out on a ride and I've been feeling better on the bike ever since.
I really really hope this is me getting back to normal, or should I say normal for me :LOL:
Its only this year that I've realised I NEED to ride ..............

Still here, nothing has gone "bang" yet I hope this continues :?

Re:

I done my shopping run a bit earlier in light rain, light wind, cool temps and suitably dressed and it was quite pleasant :)

Back