And today I did......

Re: Re:

jimo746":1wrgp2xb said:
Bled the bleedin' brakes on my 29'er, took more than a few goes to get it right :x
The rain/hail/sunshine/wind didn't help either.
So time for bike riding tomorrow to unwind from bike induced stress :LOL:

Its been cold, windy but sunny down here all day :cool:

Re:

I've been getting in some training for SSEC2017 next month.
Went for a ride on my on-One Scandal singlespeed bike.
Now drinking beer after dinner :mrgreen:

It's a tough training regime...

Re:

Took the kids to their grans for Easter lunch then rode back the 20 odd miles.

Looked like a total MAMIL in my Gabba and loud stripey arm warmers, but I was warm and dry (apart from the rain-soaked legs and head).

2nd computer related balls up in two days... Yesterday I forgot to put the head unit on when I went out. Today, I bagged the head unit and sensor and jumped in the car... Went to fit them and realised there wasn't a magnet on the front effing wheel... :facepalm:

jackosbournesnr":3gdz4lqm said:
2nd computer related balls up in two days... Yesterday I forgot to put the head unit on when I went out. Today, I bagged the head unit and sensor and jumped in the car... Went to fit them and realised there wasn't a magnet on the front effing wheel... :facepalm:

Don't miss those days. Long live Garmin.

Today, with some surprising help from the wifee, I got the kitchen and utility room washed down and prepped for tomorrow's painting. Annoying way to spend a Sunday but to be fair, I did buy the paint for it back in December :oops: Not my fault though, it did take her 4 months to choose the new light fittings.

Re:

Getting zero training in for SSEC17 because if I was that would make me competative and what you compete in is a race. Racing is considered bad form in the world of off road single speeding. Its an event, a get together of like minded souls and equals. Some might be more equal than others and cross some variously described concept such as a line ahead of his/her nearest equal but thats only because in any cycling event your going from one point to another and someone will always reach that end point first even if the advantage is a molecule thick. Anyone else who is there and cycling, even if in entirely the wrong direction ( lots of beer is usually involved) will be joint second if such a concept exists. So no point training, just show up, pay your dosh and take part :LOL:

But which bike to choose as I currently have two fully operational single speed off roaders ready to go and a third under build :roll:

Anyhoo today I did ride around the bing's on one of them purely for a laugh, definitely not training ;)

velomaniac":17j1g12y said:
Getting zero training in for SSEC17 because if I was that would make me competative and what you compete in is a race....
A gentleman does NOT train but relies on his natural ability.

Ergo, Velo is a gentleman. :)

Well this gentleman has now got his new to him GT i-Drive 2.0 but unfortunately the seller he bought it from on fleabay was no gentleman. The guy just dressed up a battered to fook bike with some bling and I fell for it. All the bearings except surprisingly the BB are shagged. I got a bike mechanic to check it over when I got it and he went through all the stuff wrong with it. Good news is the shocks are fine and the rear wheel and pivot bearings can be lived with as long as buttery smooth is not a preference, those that know me will no I can live with that. Front saint hub was totally fooked internally making the most god awful grinding noise with oodles of slop. So I got them to rebuild it onto a basic Hope hub as it needs a 20mm axle to work with the forks which cost me £130 on top of purchase price of £380. Will need to replace headset but that I can do myself for pennies from my parts bin. Oh well at least I have a potentially good bike for upgrading as its bling is a full XT groupset including those odd flappy paddle brake/shifter combo's, shadow rear mech and hydraulic disc brakes.
Will try it out on something quite a bit tamer than Comrie Croft at weekend until I get the hang of it.

Re:

Today I've done a lot of looking, nay, drooling, over the new Chris Cross bike from Fat Chance. I'm thinking in a year or two one might be coming my way (it'd take me that long to save up for one :LOL: ), either that or a custom built frame.
Part of me wishes I'd gone the custom route way back when I bought my Orange Prestige frame instead, I think a good custom made steel (or Ti) frame is on my bucket list.

jimo746":1et90bb9 said:
Today I've done a lot of looking, nay, drooling, over the new Chris Cross bike from Fat Chance. I'm thinking in a year or two one might be coming my way (it'd take me that long to save up for one :LOL: ), either that or a custom built frame.

tis a beaut, and i know what you mean, I must spend 20 mins a day drooling over the new yo eddy 2.2, dammed pictured based social media

meanwhile in reality, I invested £130 in a neglected caadx the other week to give the fleet that CX/gravel bikepack capability. swap out the wheels, new BB and think about some tyres and hit the trails

Re:

I'm also rather taken with the new FAT stuff.....could I sell everything and 'make do :p ' with a Yo, a Slim and a Chris Cross? It would certainly help choosing paint :D

Back