And today I did......

Re:

Today I did a abysmal 10 miles all be it at a decent pace.
So far this year Keefs done more miles than me.

Yeah that bad :?

Re: Re:

RobMac":21wf1zs3 said:

Today I've done 0 miles. !!
Was supposed to be going walking with the Mrs this morning. She changed her mind, and it's been raining most of the afternoon :roll:
It's times like this that having an indoor trainer comes in handy, I'll get an hour of "riding" in this evening.

Re:

So far this year you wouldn't need all the fingers on one hand to count the number of times I've been out on the bike including shop runs :oops:

we were the same, weather was shite on saturday and sunday morning, nae bikes.

on the plus side lazed on the couch and watch ed battle of midway lol.

keithyr":q293zblc said:
we were the same, weather was shite on saturday and sunday morning, nae bikes.

on the plus side lazed on the couch and watch ed battle of midway lol.

Bunch o' fannies! We drove back up yesterday morning after a weekend in Edinburgh and the weather wasnae that bad. Much better than the weather we had at Dunkled.
You're spending too much time riding with OCP if your getting scared to get mud on yer new bike!

Anyway, sermon over (fir now)

Today I stuck flat pedals in my plus bike and went out practicing my (lack of) flats technique. Had signed up for the Ryan Leech flat pedal course while it was free before xmas. First 6-7 lessons were pretty straightforward as I pretty much always run flats on the fat bike and had dabbled with them on my long travel bikes for the past 6 years. Thought this time of year was a good opportunity to concentrate on getting the more advanced techniques sorted. Todays was "unweighting and rear lifts" and really highlighted my reliance on being clipped in. At speed and on jumps I'm ok, but at low speeds I'm struggling to keep my feet planted on the pedals when trying to get the rear wheel off the ground. After a few shin strikes I started to get better but still struggle to time the rear lift to clear any obstacles. I can lift it on the flat when practicing a few in a row, but need to get timing better sorted. Amazing how much you have to push through the handlebars to keep your feet stuck firm on the pedals to initiate the lift. Upper body feel more tired than my legs. Just goes to show how passively I must normally ride when using clipless. Got 3 lessons to go, plus at lot of practice.

I can in theory jump a bikes rear on flat pedals as I have never got on with clipless but the bike needs to be light and the pedals gnarly. In reality I just ride 36 spoke wheels with heavy duty tyres and ride through the obstacle :oops: :facepalm:

Re: Re:

RobMac":361n15eb said:

Same again today but with a vicious easterly head wind & 3.0deg temps added.
It was horrible start to finish and boy have I lost some fitness :facepalm:

Re:

At least you got out mate. We had a long lie after a boozy night in last night, then went to the gym for a couple of hours.

Today I went through to Ullapool. Lots of sunshine but a bloody freezing headwind.

Just as well I took the car... :)

I had a 75klm money supermarket ride on the Trucker this afternoon, fuc**n epic! It was zero or less, icy, no overshoes and your not the only one who's lost some fitness Rob.
Had barely any sleep last night due to Caleb not being well and up throughout the night and now Heather seems to be poorly as well. So I didn't start until 1.30pm. I needed to see if the Trucker would keep a good average. Arrived home with almost frostbitten toes, really painful. They were freezing within the first hour so four hours later when I got home they were 'icy'. Dark and cold but I had lights and Tunnocks Tea Cakes as well as a hot chocolate on route. That headwind from the east was strong and very cold, I tried to attack that first. Was overcast here with patches of sunshine.
At least a cold run is better than no run :)

Jamie

Back