And today I did......

Im sure it does MrP, im sure it does :? But is 'tickled' the adjective you were looking for :LOL:

(yes,yes, General add to the 'How's rob' questioning brigade ;) )

Mr P wrote:

It was simply the idea of Rob/nappy/dummy/cot which tickled my fancy :xmas-big-grin:

I'm sure it does Mr P, I'm sure it does :xmas-wink:

Anyway, the way this is developing I think we are going to have to do some housekeeping, ie: deleting posts, before he gets back :LOL: :LOL:

Jamie

Re:

In a phrase I never thought I'd type, today I enjoyed my first earthquake!
"It's only a few hours to our next lodge" says me, "let's stop in Chirstchurch."
So we park up, then get a drink and a cake in the park. Next thing I know it's like a large truck going past, then the ground starts to warp and we can feel a massive shake. Takes a few seconds to figure out what was going on the my heart started to go like the clappers! Couldn't have lasted more than 10 seconds but was a hefty 5.7 on the scale.
Strangest thing was how normal it seemed to the locals, who went back to playing in the park straight away. Can't quite imagine living under the shadow of that, especially when the damage from the big quake of 2011 is still bring cleared now.

Decided on the hub/wheel build. To save funds and leave myself open to upgrade, i went for my nos purple Xc for the front wheel, and a purple pro 4 for the rear. Laced to very newish X517's

The pro4 is lovely i have to say :D
Just got some VP 001 purple platforms. 3dv thompson stem(which is missing in the post :facepalm: ) Just to sort out the rings on maybe a 1x or 2x set up. Unsure at present.
Still havering on the RC31's :? See if Pace are willing do the decals in purple for me, ill be in there like a flash

Summer bike and new cycling fitness regime on course :?

Re: Re:

clubby":uxw9r815 said:
In a phrase I never thought I'd type, today I enjoyed my first earthquake!
"It's only a few hours to our next lodge" says me, "let's stop in Chirstchurch." ...
While you're in that vicinity...

Look out for this guy.

FinishedFacile.jpg

http://geared-facile.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... ector.html

Glad to hear your you're both OK Clubby. Heard a few worrying reports this morning.
I have had one of those crappy days where I just shouldn't have bothered. I know deep down its not that bad, most likely the lack of sleep and the busy week having a hand in it but still, shitty day is shitty day.
A long week with Heather being in hospital since Tuesday and thankfully on the mend and getting home yesterday, which meant a crazy few days of getting the little man sorted then getting away from work a bit earlier, getting Caleb sorted after home and fed washed etc then us heading across to Wick to visit Heather, then home, bed and do it all again. So with Heather home but still not great I decided to stay in and finish the Pugsley off. Thought I better put a washer on the bottom bracket as it did up a bit tight when I put it back together. First I notice a lovely big five p size chip on the chainstay, so much for the new paint job. Then the bottom bracket wont do up again, which the shop reckoned they sorted, another bb cup shot and so now I need a new bb and need the threads cut properly. Trying to undo it the bit it went in and 'bang' spanner lightly touches the frame and there's another chip, 10p size this time :evil: This paint is officially sh*t! . There I said it, the first step to getting help is admitting there's a problem, and its a problem, maybe fine on a roadie but not on a fatbike that I use on the beach and rocky coast as well as being my main off roader. I will imagine by the few rides before and then the weekend at Forth fat it will be ready for a repaint. It really is that fragile, the paint isn't denting its flaking off instead of chipping. Oh well such is life but I thought I was entitled to the couple of minutes swearing under my breath and being disappointed.
I thought no problem, have a break, its only a bike and as I was watching a set of Surly Open bars for Heathers bike that were finishing on ebay, they were well within budget and with two minutes to go I put in a bid only for the bid window not to load, refresh page, still wont load, I was going to bid £26, well they went for £22! Holy Mother F***r!

Some days your the bear, some days you're the shit in the woods ;)

I then thought screw this I'm going for a ride and so all ready, take the trucker out the front, looks a bit wet over Hoy, go back in and get a jacket, step outside and the temp has dropped a couple of degrees , its gotten dark and here comes the snow blizzard of the year :shock: One minute sunshine, the next I cant see 100 metres down the road. Back inside and give up for the day. Too frightened to touch any of my bikes now. :LOL: :LOL:
Tomorrows another day, it will all look better in the morning. I suppose it can't always be beer and skittles ;)
Hope you had a better day.

Jamie

Re:

Guys just letting you I texted rob on Wednesday and he got back to me on Friday I think saying that the op went okay but obviously he's in a bit of pain now.

Will keep you posted if I hear any more

Re:

Poor old bugger. Send my love if you do make contact, and no doubt the best wishes of a lot of others on here too, when they've finished insulting him and generally pulling his leg....

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Tell him we're coming to feed him grapes, he'll make a miracle recovery in no time then.... :facepalm:

Re:

Glad to hear he's ok, fully expecting him to have been upgraded with Titanium and carbon fibre and running on 11spd next time we see him :LOL:

Back