And today I did......

Aye, I'll plonk it on the Mary, it's 164 grams lighter than the Deore/WTB Laserdisc that's on the front right now. Rim doesn't look significantly wider, will have to get the tape measure out (or read the label). Might also need some axle adapters too, need to take a close look at that.

Today I went to Carron Valley but it was a bit of a disaster. The minute I started pedaling I realised I wasnt really with it. Legs felt heavy and I was lashed with sweat after cycling up the approach road !
The F/C have messed up the trails. The 2nd bit that goes over the wee bridge then starts to climb used to be a nice wee bit of single through the trees but its been re-laid with compressed hardcore. The trail is about 2ft wide with a high crown in the middle , steep cambers and a sudden drop off the side into a ditch.
If you go slightly off line yer feckd.
Anyways , decided to pack it in , rolled down the Runway and went home !
I wont be back , it takes me an hour to get there whereas it only takes an hour and a half to get to GT and Inners.

RobMac":34kxk0j8 said:
ZZ did the wheel come with a skewer?
Naw, it didn't unfortunately.

With the help of my trusty tape measure, I reckon it's a 9mm RWS axle. Too small to be 15mm Maxle (or 20mm obviously). I've ordered an £8 Supertart 9mm RWS skewer in lovely blue. It's heavier than the bona-fide DT Swiss skewer (I believe the Roval axles are rebadged DT Swiss?), but it's a lot cheaper too.

Today I ticked past 100 miles of commuting this month. Not a huge achievement but a nice wee milestone along the way. Starting to feel a bit of fitness coming back into the legs now.

......left my jacket on back of chair in office before walking out and door automatically locking behind me :roll:

Of course my car keys, office keys, wallet and general goodies are all in the jacket :(

Last one out too - no one to let me back in :facepalm:

Back