And today I did......

kaiser":1boh8iwa said:
Lollipop man?
if it is, it's a shame your dad can no longer be traced Kaiser- as he could have given Rob some top tips ;)

Good effort Rob, I would plump for the buy it lock stock- be your own boss- be the best!

velomaniac":102oetzs said:
Still not convinced of the 29er arguement and I have been riding my bodged example but i'm probably too set in my ways.

Anyhoo its nice to know there are still bargains to be had in ebay land. Just received a single speed rear wheel and disc hubbed front wheel with cartridge bearings I purchased at the buy it now price of £20 :D
Both seem smooth and true even if the rims are basic rigida items but the rear hubs a DMR Revolver and the front a Grimeca.

I am totally convinced velo, espesh now that I have some front bounce- 29ers do look a bit gammy but I've got the retro bikes for the good looks.

It's always good when ebay congers up a bargain, well in!

RobMac":2m32vhpo said:
Don't know if I mentioned it to everyone (probably not) but over the last 12 months Ive been desperate to change my job.

Well today Ive been head hunted by a local business man to.

A. Work for him running one of his small businesses as a employee.
OR
B. Work for him running the above as self employed.
OR
C. Him selling the whole thing to me lock stock & barrel.

Its been a funny old day :shock:

Just did my first shift at my second/new job but get this he only went and offered me the use of the business van for MTB transport when ever I like. Im beginning to like my second/new boss :shock:

Picked up some spokes from Rose.de at the PO this morning, then went for a slightly slippy ride on the Stumpy. :cool:

Wife has gone out for the evening, so settle down to build some wheels only to find that the DT Swiss spoke calculator has only gone and given me the wrong lengths. :evil:

Check up on the wheelpro and the Sapim ones, and sure enough, they both tally up.

Suppose I'll have to watch Star Trek now. :cry:

Moral of the story. Don't trust the DT Swiss spoke calc. It's a bag of shite. :evil: :x :evil:

btw, you gonna tell us what the job is Rob?

RobMac":125v72j4 said:
Don't know if I mentioned it to everyone (probably not) but over the last 12 months Ive been desperate to change my job.

Well today Ive been head hunted by a local business man to.

A. Work for him running one of his small businesses as a employee.
OR
B. Work for him running the above as self employed.
OR
C. Him selling the whole thing to me lock stock & barrel.

Its been a funny old day :shock:

Hell fire rob it's no hezus the mex again is it ?
Last time he made this sort of offer he was a "free" man ,I take it he's out again ?
For those that don't know
It involved rob (us) running around menthil docks opening 40ft shipping containers looking for packages of "Texmex" spices
The upshot of this was 42 (ish) south American businessmen in the bay area
Trying to off load their mex dollars in the 24hr bet and booze store
Mizz o'shea has never been the same since

Well today I went up blairadam with me mates zz ,clubby,shed and dad
Icey and muddy , fun , upon returning to the cars the discussion was of roast dinners and bacon and egg sannies
Needless to say when I reached home tits&ass had prescisley nowt prepared for me ,she had however decorated the house in a seasonal style
Hohoho

Bollocks humbug etc shove Christmas up yer arse

Made the mistake of taking Sharron with me when I went to visit cat protection shelter. We now have TWO new additions to household. Still, hopefully stop her talking about kids for a while.

Steve ,mate she can have my kids if she likes

I'll need them back in about 20years tho , so tell her not to get attached to them , but I doubt that'll happen anyway , tho my daughter is a good cook and bakes some amazing cakes
My son on the other hand is not as useful , tho he is good with money ,being a
Financial advisor
Annyway I'll only take a monthly fee for them but you (her ) will be liable for additional expenses

Let me know and ill get the papers drawn up

And
Wel welcome to your family :LOL:

Back