And the award for best packaged bike goes to......

retrojon":3n89mw3j said:
So is senditnow just parcelforce in disguise? I am confused. :?

Senditnow are a division of Parcelfarce. They send parcels up to a certain size for a fixed low price, and Parcelfarce do the delivering.

I have a claim going on at the moment, from using senditnow.com, but its Parcelfarce Worldwide who are handling it.

Mad mad mad, but,

i have in the past recieved a bike frame from an internet shop which was very well boxed and very well padded and battered to b*****
F*** !!!!

I sent it back and they sent a new one which was also well packed and considerably less damaged but still damaged :shock:

Bad packaging is not always bad (but usually is) and good packing is not always good !

Hope you fingernails survive :D

When packing up a bike for flying, the old advice goes: if it looks like a bike it gets treated like a bike. If it looks like a box it gets treated like a box.

I wouldn't have left the pedals sticking out like that myself, but it looks like most of the important bits are protected, and it might just be that looking like a bike stopped it getting stacked on its side under somebody's pianola or fifty sheets of chipboard. Don't panic until you've unwrapped it, and don't think the worst of the seller. It may just be that he's done you a favour.

one-eyed_jim":3u6k48a8 said:
the old advice goes: if it looks like a bike it gets treated like a bike. If it looks like a box it gets treated like a box.
don't think the worst of the seller. It may just be that he's done you a favour.

Hmmm, that is a very good point. I hope your right :roll:

3 1/2 hrs to go, and I'm nearly down to bone of the old fingers! :LOL:

if that wasnt your bike sat there i'm sure you'd have a chuckle at that. what an idiot!!

lewis1641":rehpxyzh said:
if that wasnt your bike sat there i'm sure you'd have a chuckle at that. what an idiot!!

Hey, feel free to chuckle mate, it is comedy to look at though even if it is my bloody Zaskar! :LOL:

Back