AMP Research research

Thanks for kind words chaps.
They are both b3s. The silver is the same it always has been. It is an early one with oval down tube.
The British Racing green is a later one with round downtube. Cable routing is different on them too.

I’ve decided to assemble my B5/F4 BLT and the discs are touching the calliper brackets. There’s no possibility for adjustment so I think I need different/longer ones. Can anyone tell me what the correct bracket should be?

From memory the brakes came with the bracket for the front and I bought the rear thinking that it would fit… IMG_3184.jpeg IMG_3186.jpeg

Last edited:
That might explain it. I didn’t know there were different rotor options… In which case do I need different brackets? IMG_3190.jpeg

I can't really tell from pics on my phone I'm afraid - does the front fit ok and it's only the rear where the issue lies? If it's only the rear, just get a 140 rotor instead. There weren't different brackets available that I'm aware of, pretty sure they were all universal, just became more 'machined' over time but the fitting centres remained consistent.

Front rotor is original and the rear is a new one from brakestuff is it? Might be easiest just to skim a couple of mm around the circumference on the rear maybe?!

Back