AMP Research research

Green is indeed soft, then black, and red is hardest.

I have the f3/4 manual in PDF (from Brion at Amp). How do I post a PDF...?

That's great M_T_S..another mystery sorted. My earlier post edited.
Post a link to the pdf and we can archive it, or convert to jpeg and post.

All the best,

My_Teenage_Self":29jy4cyz said:
Green is indeed soft, then black, and red is hardest.

I have the f3/4 manual in PDF (from Brion at Amp). How do I post a PDF...?
you can host it on google drive, dropbox or other cloud based file sharing, and then add the link here. or alternatively you can email to me and i can do it. ;)

Gerard":1uiunoey said:
RockiMtn":1uiunoey said:
i have both green i believe on the F4 BLT fork on the small B4 I have and it's pretty soft. so maybe green is soft. also have black/green on the spare F4 BLT and it seems stiffer. but i need to confirm that, as well as the position of the spring collar on the damper body.
Thanks, very helpful.
My F4 has green & black. The black spring is one "ring" lower than the green spring. Looks (judging from marks on the aluminum) as if this was as it came out of the factory.
and here are photos! ;) dual green is definitely softer than the black/green setup.

also if anyone has a spare black spring, i'd be interested.

Attachments

• DSC05955.JPG
    DSC05955.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 642
  • DSC05954.JPG
    DSC05954.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 641
  • DSC05951.JPG
    DSC05951.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 641
  • DSC05950.JPG
    DSC05950.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 641
  • DSC05949.JPG
    DSC05949.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 641
I've asked that canadian feller for his e-mail :)

FYI, the green & black springs are the factory setup. 350lb and 400lb (the hard is 450). the manual doesn't list the colours, but I ordered a 'soft' for my F2, and it is indeed green :)

Brilliant job guys. MTS many thanks. Sounds as if you might have the most complete copy of the manual. Fingers crossed.

it's an e-mail direct from brion at Amp. Sadly, there's not a lot in it, mainly legal disclaimers!

if anyone wants it, PM me your e-mail address :)

Yes thanks to Steve as this has the missing page. Unfortunately it dosn't give any details on spring rates, but I think that was cleared up in his earlier post.

Latest posts

Back