Here they are fitted to the bike.

Attachments

• AMP ISO Rear.jpg
    AMP ISO Rear.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 3,789
  • AMP ISO Front.jpg
    AMP ISO Front.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 3,789
what is the aluminium grade and thickness of the adapter in the last photo? (the thickness of the single stepped part, not overall thckness)

without going back, I think I saw mention of 3/16 " = 5 mm or so - is that going to be strong enough?

I have made rear brake adapter from 6 mm aluminium, not sure of grade but judging by colour is plain raw aluminium .... but looking at disc brake adapter ansd drop out, these tend to be 8 mm to 10 mm thick so my one may not be strng enough (I am in process of making another out of 8 mm).

Hi all, talking about strength, someone mentioned anodising. Is that something that we need to investigate?

02gf74":1yy1t8ip said:
what is the aluminium grade and thickness of the adapter in the last photo? (the thickness of the single stepped part, not overall thckness)

without going back, I think I saw mention of 3/16 " = 5 mm or so - is that going to be strong enough?

I have made rear brake adapter from 6 mm aluminium, not sure of grade but judging by colour is plain raw aluminium .... but looking at disc brake adapter ansd drop out, these tend to be 8 mm to 10 mm thick so my one may not be strng enough (I am in process of making another out of 8 mm).

These are 7.5mm thick in cross section made from 6082 aluminium, the same thickness as the AMP drop out. They can be annodised, but this would cost more obviously. Just being in contact with oxygen, aluminium will form an oxidized layer on it's surface.

ATB

John.

not done it myself but you can buy anodising kits - search for Frosts restoration ... and there is a DIY way of doing it (google it) involving some chermical and food colouring.

AMP disc to ISO converters

Hi Guys,

With massive thanks to Andrew, I now have 5, yes FIVE adaptors made up and available for purchase.

Parts were High pressure water jet cut from 5058 Alloy (Marine grade) , hand finished by me and then Silver anodised. The anodising has brought out the surface imperfections in the metal from the finishing work, but these are not structural in any way.

I will add pictures later....

Thickness is 6mm and fits my C2's without the need for spacers. You will need 2 off M5 bolts (approx 20mm long) with nyloc nuts to fit to the forks.

Let me know if you are interested. Otherwise, I will open them up for sale on ebay.

Matt

Batch 2 now available, Fronts are £16 and rears are £23, sadly a bit dearer than last time due to having to buy some more material which has gone up :(

Also will have adaptors to suit the old Marzocchi tabs that aren't ISO these will be £23 each.

ATB

John

Back