Amp fork disc brake adaptor?

Should be easy enough, I've got mounts on file, and an AMP, I'll see what i can come with ;)

I'll sort out some pics and measurements, but if you have some on file, that would be great!

Ian

I used 3/16 aluminum plate. 6061 T6. That was later changed 7075 T6. They were mounted to the inside of the AMP fork tab.

They were sold 'as is' without a warranty just to protect myself from any liability. I never received a single negative comment about fit, function or reliability. I still use one on one of my bikes. If you are really cautious about durability you can always use stainless steel or titanium.

As requested, some pics of the forks that I am looking to mount disc on.

I measured the distance between the tab holes the other day, and if memory served me correctly, it was 25mm centre to centre.

Ian

Attachments

• amp-tab2.JPG
    amp-tab2.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 4,102
  • amp-tab1.JPG
    amp-tab1.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 4,102
I've had a look at the front first, the post mount can be done in 10mm aluminum, the ISO will need to be in 4mm stainless, due to distances between mount and disc and being able to use ISO hubs.

Thoughts please......

Attachments

• AMP Brackets.jpg
    AMP Brackets.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 5,608
It's OK my AMP has the disc rear end fitted.

The problem with the rear is that ISO is in the same plane as the drop out, any ISO bracket would need to be offset to bring the bracket into line. For the rear the easiest way would be post mount, as this fits in the plane that we need.

ATB

John

ishaw":1q37nce8 said:
I've got a rear mount which I can measure up if you like?

Ian

Is this giving you IS compatibility? Would be really interested in how you go about making one of these, IS or Post. Anybody got dimensions or a tech drawing?

Gadro":3eycbtzm said:
ishaw":3eycbtzm said:
I've got a rear mount which I can measure up if you like?

Ian

Is this giving you IS compatibility? Would be really interested in how you go about making one of these, IS or Post. Anybody got dimensions or a tech drawing?

The two drawings I've shown above give you the option of using 160mm ISO mount discs and either post mount calipers or ISO mount calipers on the front. If +20 was required then this could also be done. Rear post mount will allow a 160mm disc on ISO hub to be used.

Easiest way would be water jet cutting, then secondary ops for threads.

ATB

John

Back