Am i unfit or are commuters/ 29 ers faster

Its pretty much all been said, simple mechanics really. One thing to note is you should be able to burn them off from a standing start with smaller wheels, but you will need to keep your cadence high to hold them off.

My road going Pace RC100 has 1.25" slicks and a monster 110bcd 48T chainring, which gives some benefit of being able to beat the majority of my fellow london commuters off the line, then hit the big ring and keep the momentum flowing.

Still my propper road bike's faster

forever imprinted on my mind but no pics im afraid,

picture sturdy ruddy faced farm girl, not fat mind, girls next door type, curvaceous but not big rear,

perhaps with the passing of time things become embelllished,lol :cool: :LOL:

Charlieboy28":3cefwpku said:
picture sturdy ruddy faced farm girl, not fat mind, girls next door type, curvaceous but not big rear,

So why did you try to pass her once she got in front of you? ....Keep up yes.

Reminds me of when I was on the road with two buddies last summer when we got overtaken by a girl. My friends thought I was being a prick for giving chase and they reluctantly followed me. Apparently being overtaken by a girl (especially one that looks ok) bothers me more than some others but I'm happy to see there are people who reason like me. Makes me feel like less of a prick ;)

On a more on-topic note though, I have experienced slicks really do make you go a lot faster. Also when I'm riding an MTB on the road, I often find myself wishing for smaller steps in ratios. I hate it when one gear is too low but the next is too high. This can be solved with a road cassette if you have the same problem.

lol, oh no i was a major prick, i sort of smiled and nodded as i overtook her, my nod was to say nerrr!! and it was just so clear she was not on the same wavelength or thinking competetively or aware of my male ego or anything,

she did have a lovely bum though, :oops: :cool: :LOL:

oh and i did contemplate tucking in behind her, but i get this awful worry that they know what im doing and start feeling guilty, so a 5 second ogle then drop back or overtake is my rule
:LOL: :cool:

Back