Aluminium O

It does have a one piece bar stem combo in the same pearl white, bare aluminium fork and headset. I haven’t got round to putting them together yet.

hmm, is the white painted on top of the orange? i ask as although the orange is more the main colour if the white is on top of orange the orange may bleed through, and i'd remove the replaceable drop out and paint strip it and polish it, they were never painted.

I have a new dropout from orange in bare aluminium, the one that’s on is only to stop paint build up. Why would you think the orange would bleed through?

well, the 2007 clockwork for example, there were 200 made, orange had them made in the far east, they were painted white on orange, by the time the frames got to the uk the orange had bled through and the white sections were almost pink, they ended up sending all 200 to bob jackson cycles for a respray, that said the orange on those was brighter than the orange shade you have.

Unfortunately, you’ll probably not cover the cost of the respray but it seems to be a nice frame in good condition so you might get £100 - £150 if you can find the right buyer.

Ah, the Chinese made and painted ones! The ones where they’re using so called eco water based paint then spend at least 6 months bobbing about in various oceans in salty humid air then dumped here. Not surprised the paint was crap and needed re painting when they landed here!

they were Taiwanese as opposed to Chinese but my point remains the same, i'm currently having a frame painted in this style, having discussed it with the painter he said it was best to paint the frame white then spray the darker colour, the orange afterwards. it makes sense if you think about it, my question is, was yours painted this way or was it painted white then orange, the fade suggests the white was sprayed on afterwards. bluntly, something like that may affect the value.

Back