Alternatives to eBay??

I have taken to creating my own webstore to sell off my collection. It was mainly done as an exercise to learn for a future project I have in mind, however it does allow me to avoid ebay & paypal fees which is nice!

Unfortunately I have had to put it on hold as I shall be living and working in Denmark for the next 6 months or so, which makes fulfilling orders a bit tricky as all the stock will bikes will remain in the UK!

Didn't realise Ebid was still limping along, it's been around since the early days but always in Ebay's shadow. QXL was another that tried and failed.

Ebay and Amazon have the online sales bit sown up. Discogs is an alternative for music and I'm sure there are others but really if you want the exposure and speed the big boys give you you have to take the shit with it.

I don't sell much these days but if I do it's forums (or Facebook groups), Discogs or Gumtree.

Yahoo auctions used to be pretty good back in the day but it's folded now. I haven't sold anything on Ebay for years but I still buy quite frequently. I've been a user since 1999 (pre Paypal) and I've only ever left one item of bad feedback for a seller who took my money and didn't send the item. I got the money back eventually but was cross enough to leave the bad feedback.

Back