Alpinestars Al-Mega

Ridni":1plkaai6 said:
been riding full bouncers too long now, time to go back to my roots.

snap :LOL:

is the paintwork as good in the flesh as it looks in the pic's ? looks much better than the black frames :cool:

The paintwork is pretty good, a coupe of knock, scrapes and cable rubs, but for a 20 year old the flouro yellow shows no sign of fade as i have seen on some other Dx's.

mikee":1hb6e8f6 said:
pics man we need pics
heres one of my 3 al-megas
P1020195.jpg

Hi Mikee.... what year is this al-mega? I think I just bought the same frame...

Thanks! Rich

Ridni":1kpr7lwz said:
The paintwork is pretty good, a coupe of knock, scrapes and cable rubs, but for a 20 year old the flouro yellow shows no sign of fade as i have seen on some other Dx's.

Looks pretty good to me Ridni. I've gone for the full repaint on mine - damn that fluro is bright when it's fresh!! - best match I found was the halfords cans. Beware though, once sprayed on it goes to a matt powder type finish that can't be handled unless you clear coat on top of it.
I've had loads of problems replicating those 'ripped' dividers without having another Al-Mega to take a direct copy. A PM to Gil_m is probably in order ( I've got another incoming retro that needs decals as well) - but this is all mine is waiting for now, sealed in with a clear coat for durability.
Here's a pic of mine, I've done a practise layout from that pic of a Trek 8900 from the Richard's Ultimate bicycle book - proper pics and build thread to come when finished.

- yes I'm missing a seatpost in the pic, a Syncros 31.6mm in black would be great!

- the bottom bracket is filled with wax. This stops the threads getting exposed to paint.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• 101_0937 (1024x768).jpg
    101_0937 (1024x768).jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 578
Have a look at my 1991 Al-mega, Gil did the decals for mine without a problem.

I'm lovin all the alpinestars love on here at the moment, they seem to have really taken off, they are more popular now than 20 years ago!

maverick":v1gs7clc said:
Have a look at my 1991 Al-mega, Gil did the decals for mine without a problem.

I'm lovin all the alpinestars love on here at the moment, they seem to have really taken off, they are more popular now than 20 years ago!

Your 91 Al-Mega is very smart indeed and proof that you don't need to copy the exact colours.

I have to say with the good weather recently i am so glad i never sold the A-Stars, i'm riding it more and enjoying it more than my 09 Stumpy FSR although not as fast down hill.

Linoleum":25lbfcqb said:
mikee":25lbfcqb said:
pics man we need pics
heres one of my 3 al-megas
P1020195.jpg

Hi Mikee.... what year is this al-mega? I think I just bought the same frame...

Thanks! Rich

a 91 rich best colourway for them imo

Latest posts

Back