109.4 KB · Views: 956
  • orbit page 2..jpg
    orbit page 2..jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 961
  • Orbit page 1..jpg
    Orbit page 1..jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 963
Re:

Thanks for that Carl. Unfortunately my isn't a fillet brazed one but I'm on the lookout. Here's a picture of mine a few days ago after picking it up.

Re:

Haha. Yeah can you imagine how bright it was when new! Done a bit of cleaning and got few bits out of the spares boxes. Trying to keep it cheap as possible but did treat it to a new chain. Got the cables to do and swap the crappy handlebars.

Re:

Cleaned up beautifully! If that paintjob was on a US steel bike it would be worth £500. Personally, I prefer British frames anyway. :D :cool:

Re: Re:

andyz":psi4m97n said:
Cleaned up beautifully! If that paintjob was on a US steel bike it would be worth £500. Personally, I prefer British frames anyway. :D :cool:
It's not come up too bad considering all the muck on it but the stem will get rattlecanned soon. British frames are great but still on the lookout for a De-Kerf tho. :roll:

Orbit decals

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the market for a Gold Medal - we have one in the family already that was bought brand new in the mid-80s and I'd like to get a stablemate for it.

Wondered if anyone could give me an idea of when the 'Orbit' transfers / decals changed from the original script / handwritten style to the more modern and flamboyant upper case font. (The 'Gold Medal' name remained in the old font).

I'm guessing it must have been somewhere between '85 and '88, as the 1988 Orbit catalogue features the new font. But if anyone could put a year on it I'd be very interested to know.

I'm, ideally, after a bike in the older style, but they're not that easy to come by.

Cheers!
Shrubby

Back