Alive only because of the kindness of strangers

Re:

Bl00dy hell, two weeks ago you were pushing off in the big ring :shock: Hope you make a full recovery and get your strength back. I'm prone to having a moan about sh1t sometimes but I was so well looked after by NHS staff myself very recently, unsung heros despite all the hastle they get.

Bloody hell indeed :shock: Do they know why it happened, as in what caused you to choke ?.

Cheers chaps

Am at the docs today for a check up.

A rather sobering discussion with the missus yesterday was that I was being worked on for hours rather than minutes. It all started around 1am with me only going into the ambulance at around 4.30am. I thought it was minutes.

It seems it was food from the buffet at the wedding, the missus was ill too, I was just unlucky.

The resulting feeling is of a super active brain itching to get on but a body that wants to snooze quietly in a corner. A bit post flu like, hard to describe - wobbly, a bit wibbly and very tired!

*signed off until 19 august, expected 3-4 weeks until full recovery. Alarming looking bloodshot eyes should clear within the next two weeks.

At least the sun is out.

just found this thread.
thanks for sharing, it really brings home how fragile life can be.
but at the same time we have to live life to the full.
glad you are on the mend.

Just seen this as well, bit of a shock and am glad your on the mend.
Take care mate and speedy recovery.

Jamie

Very very lucky, mate - and absolutely fantastic to still have you here. You would have been deeply missed.

Time for a bit of you time. You bloody deserve it.

At last something exciting to read. Nearly missed this.

Will there be a sequel? Hopefully not.

Anything you need?

Things suddenly feel a bit different don't they?

Oh and almost a very rock'n roll end there matey. Only the best choke on their own vomit.

Yes, its the rockstars way out, heroin overdose, choking whilst asleep then off to the great...

...nothing.

I can report that there was nothing, just oblivion, no black, white, angels, demons, nothing. Except maybe blessed relief that I didnt have to worry about breathing anymore and a nagging doubt as to whether I'd accidentally locked Lillian out of the hotel room with a dead body.

Back