Alan MTB

Re: a couple more...

Any help, info, would be really welcome...

Attachments

• IMG_2107.JPG
    IMG_2107.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2108.jpg
    IMG_2108.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2114.JPG
    IMG_2114.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2119.JPG
    IMG_2119.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 227
Re:

First things first I would replace all the cabling, while doing this I would clean all the brakes and gears, I did notice one thing the right gear lever mount looks broken :?: If it is I would put a wanted ad out for a replacement, personally I would also dump the stem in favour of something lighter, but as I say that is just a personal thing... Clean the frame using Autosol or other metal polish just be gentle as the frame is anodised.

Thanks for your help Kermit. Where's the best place to find the replacement do you think, can you advertise on this site? Also will Autosol be ok with the joints, I believe they're glued and was wondering if Autosol is a solvent.

Re:

Yes you can advertise for a replacement clamp in the forum on here, just below the 'MTB Sales' there is a wanted section post up an ad in there :D

To the best of my knowledge Autosol is a cutting polish more abrasive than solvent, I feel sure that someone ill correct me if I am wrong but seen many bonded frames polished with it, type in ALAN frame in the search box top right corner to find info on frames on this site in the past ;)

Back