AFTERMATH - National Ride Series Round 6: Leith Hill

grd":16tyhjxj said:
Great day and I'm pleased that everyone enjoyed the trails.

Happy to have been able to help out Max and Pete as Marc Two Tone so eloquently put, "life should be about giving as well as taking" and I've really enjoyed the rides that I have been on this year, and it was nice to be able to put something back into the pot.

Uncle Monty and I ride these hills most weekends so if anyone wants to come out on an informal basis for a ride and to see a bit more of what is on offer, drop me a pm.

Matthew

Me and Nevada were discussing this on way home ...Well up for coming back :cool:

I had great fun on the ride, as you can see its written clearly all over my face!

IMG_0833.jpg

I also had a nice case of 'singlespeeders eye' at the end, after mashing up a couple of climbs.
All in it was great to put faces to names, and ill certainly be heading back to those trails much more regularly.

DSC_0040.jpg

Sounds like a fanastic ride! I would loved to have come along but family commitments would allow. :(

I can't explain how much that area means to me. The trails you rode are where I fell in love with mountain biking 21 years ago and honed my skills. It was riding the tracks on the Westcott side of Leith Hill, Ranmore and Box Hill that I realised I was pretty quick down a hill. Oh, good times and happy memories!!!

Next time....

What a superb looking day out; I was in a foul mood all day at work for missing this!

I think the Gulf Kilauea would have been my favourite bike of the day, looks just perfect... :cool:

Back