AFTERMATH - National Ride Series Round 6: Leith Hill

That surely must become a Retrobike regular. I know the conditions were perfect, and wet and slippery could have been fatal on some of the sections, but it seemed to have everything except a killer-climb and rocks :D .

Thanks to all, throughout the year, who have organised and attended the series. I've looked forward to each ride and never been disappointed.

Absolutely delighted to have been awarded 'injury of the ride' after all these months of trying. All credit must go to Pete (elPedro666) who I was trying to stay ahead of, without the skill-level to achieve it.

See you at Cannock, unless anyone is coming along to the E Mids night-ride on Dec 10th . :D

Its been said by everyone but once again a big thanks to the organisers for laying on such a treat I would consider relocating on the strength of that ride. Just need to start playing the lottery.

Great to see you guys again its always something I look forward to

I have all these little video clips in my head of the sweet dropoffs and jumps and berms and fast dusty trails...ohh and Yoghurt pots absoloutely delicious and I thought it was great to see the ladies all very able to hold their own and offering a more sophisticated conversation ;)

I got home with a big smile on my face...dont leave it too long to do this again chaps :D I dont think I could bear waiting a year

captaincosmic":1uvggdbp said:
I thought it was great to see the ladies all very able to hold their own and offering a more sophisticated conversation ;)

Spurred me on up one of the long climbs when I think it was Sophie on the Cindercone SS came past me to actually put a bit of effort in and get moving :LOL: .

Both me and Baz77 thought that our partners could have quite ahppily tackled the first 10 miles with too many dramas but the tighter more technical stuff in the second half would have been a bit much for them.

I think there is a good chance that I will be going back to Leith hill in the not too distant furture, good as Swinley forest is the switchback singletrack downhill we did in the first half of the ride is better than anything there.

Carl.

GPS log of the ride here http://connect.garmin.com/activity/123880630

Distance: 18.09 mi
Time: 2:25:42
Avg Pace: 8:03 min/mi
Avg Speed: 7.4 mph
Elevation Gain: 1,614 ft
Calories: 1,727 C
Time: 2:25:42
Moving Time: 2:16:45
Elapsed Time: 6:26:20
Avg Speed: 7.4 mph
Avg Moving Speed: 7.9 mph
Max Speed: 27.5 mph

Pics to follow later ;)

Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming to the first timers, I had a great time and look forward to doing some more next year. Only a took a few pics, but here they are...

Attachments

• RetroBikeRound6-1.png
    RetroBikeRound6-1.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,768
  • RetroBikeRound6-2.png
    RetroBikeRound6-2.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 1,768
  • RetroBikeRound6-3.png
    RetroBikeRound6-3.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,768
Really enjoyed my first MTB national event, great area to ride in and a really well organised and thought out route - thanks to all who were involved in organising it.

Highlights were meeting loads of friendly people who until then had been usernames and the letting the Saracen loose on technical single track stuff - great bike to ride - much fun :)

Lowlight, hmmm bending the oldest bike on the ride in the first few hundred yards and riding the rest wondering if the knocking noise was just the head set loose again or the fork blades finally giving out!! It survived intact for 26 years and it took me 5 minutes to bend it - what a plonker. Still at least it quickend up the steering and reduced the wheel base for the single track!!

Any one got a spare pair of lugged 531 forks for sale??

Looking forward to next years series, thanks again to those that organise these events. :D

EDIT: Thanks also to Daj for driving :D And storing my retro scrap iron for the next couple of weeks :shock:

Gutted for you with those forks :( GREAT bike, i thought the old girl looked swell. A mere scratch I think :)

I had a wonderful day yesterday, thank you so much to the SE region for hosting and guiding us around those excellent trails. Thanks also to all those who attended, great to meet so many new faces and indeed put names to faces.

I took a good few pictures, below is a link to them:

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq25 ... Round%206/

2011_1023r60028.jpg

2011_1023r60051.jpg

2011_1023r60076.jpg

Back