Advice PLEASE?? Shimano AX cable routing on AX bars.

Taul Paul

Devout Dirtbag
Can anyone give me definitive advice on the cable routing and taping please? So I can finish the bike and ride it. My OCD is stopping me from finishing it. Lol

Should the cable go front or rear? it comes from the lever shown to direct the cable to the rear of the bars. I could loop it to the front but may look odd.

Cable aero support. Should I use it or not?

Thanks
TP

Attachments

• tape.jpg
    tape.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 408
  • tape2.jpg
    tape2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 408
  • tape3.jpg
    tape3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 408
Re:

Looks right to me the way you have it, as for the support I would just give it a try and see how it looks :D

Please shoot me if I am speaking out of turn, but are the levers on the correct sides??

If you swap them over, the routing would be in front of the bars, where surely it will be more comfortable?

Just thought I'd throw it out there, just in case!

Re: Re:

Please shoot me if I am speaking out of turn, but are the levers on the correct sides??

If you swap them over, the routing would be in front of the bars, where surely it will be more comfortable?

MrW Your 100% Correct Sir ;)

MrW":36qsezhb said:

Ooooooooooooh Yes
I fitted the levers according to the hood saying L & R. So the hoods maybe on the wrong lever.
That changed. Should the rubber cable support them go under on the front?

TP

From memory, and I'm having to go way back now... (haha)

The cable guides go at the top of the bars (at the front), to help create a more comfortable grip

Given that you are using what looks like Bennotto tape, I'd use them to pad the cables out.

Ian Raleigh is your man here, his Road Ace has this groupset, so he will know for definite!

The cable gets routed on the outside of the bars! The correct grey foam covering thins off at the lever making it 'aero'

600 AX
http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/Shi ... ge_38.html

DA-AX
http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/Shi ... ge_31.html

Also look how the cable exits out the backs of the bars and the neatness of the bar tape, this is the correct way to finish off the tape.

rraa040_zps4793194d.jpg

rraa021_zps055ed1d6.jpg

Latest posts

Back