Advice on stripping a steel frame

Re:

i would take it to a proper frame painter 's. and get them to decal it too.that blue is special to gios and its too easy to make a mistake with tiny squares in a colour chart.
one of my dream paints is' merckx gan' and that won't be cheap with the airbrush work!

Re: Re:

oonaff":3ntw6ysw said:
i would take it to a proper frame painter 's. and get them to decal it too.that blue is special to gios and its too easy to make a mistake with tiny squares in a colour chart.
one of my dream paints is' merckx gan' and that won't be cheap with the airbrush work!

I would have thought any decent painter would be able to match it up pretty good & they have used a number of various shades over the years.

I'm reluctant to pay 2x the price for the likes of argos to do it when I can have a local guy do just as good a job & not have to wait 6 weeks for it to be done.

My advice is use someone who is used to painting bike frames, if that's your local guy then fair enough. If he's not done a bike frame before I'd give him a miss. Even powdercoat can look good if its done by someone who knows bike frames.

Back