A warning for men of a certain age, a true story.

Those are some painful experiences.
I lost half a butt cheek some years ago to a Pilonidal Sinus (in the base of the spine) that got to be the size of about 2 golf balls, removal was routine but after a week there was an infection in the healing wound, it was the only time I have cried in pain. Wife called the district nurse (I was under daily care for dressings at home) who rushed around moved it causing more pain and then it just went. Next day the doctors removed the stitches and layed it open to heal, took longer to heal but it didn't get infected again.

Carl.

Enlarged prostate. . . ouch!!... wonder if the occasional massage could help that (not) to happen..

Never had a catheter, secondary infection is high-risk apparently...

Had a year when I had 5 or 6 UTI's, one of those put me in hospital for a week.. no fun at all and lots and lots of scar tissue in me pipework apparently

In my younger racing days, I used to get about one or two annual periods of wanting to pee but getting out only 2-3 drops of what felt like molten lava!

My cure (which worked every time) was to drink several litres of water over about 4 hours to flush it all through.

Helped if the room was very hot (to help the drinking) and that there was a bucket in front of the armchair ... I was watching TV most times.

I have had the catheter taken out, now weeing fine again and feeling much better.

Remember if you get the same symptoms GET IT CHECKED!!!!

Thanks for all your comments and support. :D

I thought after having the Catheter taken out the would be an end to it but the internal trauma caused by all the catheter insertions is making it a long old job, seem to be taking 2 steps forward and then 1 back, still a long way off riding me bike, now on second load of antibac's, trying to be positive but its hard and sometimes very painful. Sorry to go on but it helps to write this down.

Sunday July 4th feeling much better now more like me old self, even been in the garage and looked at my bikes, may even try a short ride towards the end of the week.

Thursday 8th july. Went for a mountain bike ride this morning. 12 miles in around an hour and a half everything seems to be still OK hopefully I've not damaged or set back anything. In myself I feel great nice to get out in the southdowns and have a bit of me time. I did change my saddle over to a SDG Bel Air RL Ti Rail Saddle I think its the most comfy one I have ever ridden on and did not seem to put any pressure on my postate,so lets take it that apart from my fitness I am back to my usual self!!! :D :D :D

If you have read these posts of mine please do yourself a flavor and if you have likewise pains or symptoms get yourself checked out.

Back