A pile of Yeti Restorations :) FROs, ARCs, and Ultimates

Re:

al-onestare":208xzos9 said:
jimi911":208xzos9 said:
From the Yeti Calender photoshoot ...

Really lovely bike but I have to ask, why did they photoshop out the cable? :LOL:

Hahaha ... depth function on the iPhone makes for an artsy fartsy photo ;)

Re: 1991-2 Yeti F.R.O. Restoration

Part II

Well the first one didn't really work out for me. It was just too big, and I didn't really enjoy riding it at all. Looked cool though.

The combination of 23" top tubes on most models and the traditional a longer stem look makes Yetis an odd fit for me. I can make a 19" work with some stem adjustments, but a 17.5" seems to hit more of the sweet spot for me from a looks and fit point of view.

So this popped up from the Pros Closet. Solid deal and nice little package of parts.

This is to be a rider and when I stripped it I didn't like the look of the weld at the seatpost cluster. It wasn't cracked, but it didn't inspire confidence so I had it brazed in the area so I wouldn't worry about it. Not OG, but its super solid.

So the original plan was to basically do a smaller copy of the old build, same parts, and get it on the trail. So off it went to be powdered white ...

:facepalm:

So change of plans and I guess I get to do a build thread.

Re:

Drool..

Great kit, especially them Revolvers: got a weak spot for those and I'm sure they will look the bomb on this build :cool:

Back