A pile of Yeti Restorations :) FROs, ARCs, and Ultimates

Re:

I've got a lot of fun projects ... though I have to admit. I'm running out of things I want to build. I think the Romax will be the grande finale.

FRO indeed :)

How about this for a serial number - is the Inegma Machine still around :shock: ? I have a feeling it's been to yeti for some 'adjustments' ... maybe more than once. I'll ask FTW what he thinks next week.

Re: Re:

jimi911":2j05d5ur said:
I've got a lot of fun projects ... though I have to admit. I'm running out of things I want to build. I think the Romax will be the grande finale.

FRO indeed :)

How about this for a serial number - is the Inegma Machine still around :shock: ? I have a feeling it's been to yeti for some 'adjustments' ... maybe more than once. I'll ask FTW what he thinks next week.

That photo makes me feel like I've had a few too many ... :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

I'll post some pics o the frame when I get some light. Its doesn't really look like anything special. 20" Fro, maybe with a seat collar repair or re-enforcement. It was sold to me as a 1992, it was only until after I removed more the powder coat that I saw all the crazy markings. The seller scratched away just enough to show the 2192 part.

From FTW ...
- Yeti never tampered with numbers when they did repairs.
- All Yeti shells were machined and stamped out of the Yeti Factory. He assumes this never made it into inventory because it was double struck.
- The fact it was lettered likely means it was made for someone. Its LP or LB - Linda Parker, Linda [Boss], LeeAnn Herting, Larry Hibbard - were the names he had on recall. I have no clue there.

One other oddity - The top tube is too long for a 20" FRO, at least by catalog spec. Its long like a 20" Ultimate - a little over half an inch longer than a typical 1990-1994 FRO.

I'll send him some shots of the frame.

Re: If you are going to have one Yeti ...

Looking forward to see more of this.
Tuned in !

it's a great start for a winter project. regardless of the amount of snow you have ;-)

Jeroen

Re:

Smithjss70":gly0wjis said:
Cool! 20+ inch top tube is interesting. Leaving as is or re-coating?

It will get re-done. No more red - it's a pretty sub par coat job.

The longer TT is odd. FTW said they'd make them anyway the boss asked so some didn't match spec and were custom. He's still working on who "LB" or "LP" was. Could also be "L's" B or backup bike? Doesn't really matter too much. It's going to look a lot different than it originally did anyway I suspect.

Back