A mild ramble on what I'm up to

joe careless

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Been popping in and out of RB and have noticed less postings?

I've spent the last year 'putting my head back together' after closing the door on my bike shop and paying/ recovering from taking my x to court to get access granted to my daughter, have to admit a epicallyentally knackering experience culminating with me having to take a 12 month sabbatical consisting of a hell of a lot of cycling last summer (500mile weekly avg)

Nowadays I'm working in a friends Surfshop, brilliant to be working again with the bonus of not having to run the place, I and the dog get use my burrows cargo bike for the commute with the opportunity ride one of my retrobikes on sunny days, the clunker looks amazing parked up next to a rack of surfboards!!
The best part is my daughter gets to scream Daddie each time we get together which wiped away all the sh1t I have endured and we both benefit from seeing each other and long may this continue.
My future aims is find a better place to live in and long term work.
I still miss the mountains and forests of North Wales but for now I will keep to riding old bikes across countryside with occasional forays into wilder Wales and for now my planned ride from Tibet to Nepal is postponed, luckily I had been unable to raise the funds for the April dates, and my heart goes out to the Nepali,a people that my family have had a long connection with.
BTW HistoryMan the Phantom has morphed into a epic looking Rough Stuff bike Brooks Champion Flyer saddle, a Carradice Barley saddlebag ( 40th pressie from Mum), Nitto moustache bars complete with barend shifters, a old leather and canvas Karrimor randonneur bar bag, mudguards and I put in a good time on the 50 mile Tour of Pembs last weekend (4:29) I would've done a sub 4hr but stopped to attend a accident involving a friends son(I would've stopped anyway, once trained never leaves)
Hmm seem to have headed OT but hey who cares
Btw anyone else have a iPhone 5s and like me unimpressed with it?

Let's have a pic of the phantom then!

Good to gear you're getting your sh1t together.

Been a long road.

I hope things stay on the right track from now on... great you are back in the RB fold.

Clunker pics would be nice.

al.

Will do as soon as it stops raining! Here is a pic/link from Feburary when I was trying it out with a set of North road bars on, I kept the Cape roll on the bars to pad it a little as the holes in the high moor I like to ride have habit of surprising me !
Phantom linkhttps://www.facebook.com/pembrokesh ... 79750344:0

https://twitter.com/yellovelo/status/591560479010598912

Clunker outside work
https://twitter.com/yellovelo/status/590805597563527168

Sorry if you guys don't do Twitter or FB but this iPhone 5s is a pain in the backside regarding uploading pics to here

Yesterday I went all the way to Macclesfield to pick up my new van, ten minutes into the drive home I get a text informing me I was made redundant totally out of the blue. Pissed off at the manner it was done but hey I am free of their grind, my only regret was I hadn't brought the dog as Macclesfield is only two hours drive from my dad's and the pair of us could have visited the old fart!

Anyways I now have time to sort this new van out nicely whilst initiating plan B

Every cloud has a silver lining and it takes all sorts.
Plus I happen to know that the new management firm that are taking over my former employers business don't understand the sublties of modern retail.
So as my dad would say "bollox to them and carry on doing what's good"

Means my publisher will be happier too...

Re:

Think we could all learn a wee bit from your positive attitude.....good luck, laddie (and enjoy the new van :cool: :cool: )

Back