a little personal announcement, working in NZ

Re:

No I still couldn't ride a specialized (at home) because of the local dealer I hate, just in case anyone thought I'd bought it from him!!

Today we headed down to ABS aka "another bike shop" in Santa Cruz, we were sent there by Seth at specialized as they'd point us in the direction of the good trails, which they did.

Today also presented an opportunity to teach someone something.

We got to the top of the downhill called the Flow trail, we met 4 other riders, Santa Cruz carbon blur Lt, trek, cannondale etc, they looked pretty good, had all the gear, talked the talk, then:-

"hey esse, how olds your bike?" , "2014 model, 6 months old" , "oohh, it looks old Holmes"

I then put 2+ minutes into all of them on the downhill, then came the climb back up, 3 miles, steep climb, I put about 1/2 hour into them.

They were all maybe 20 years old, the Santa Cruz Tupperware rider was boasting about his bike collection which made us realise he was a member of Team Daddies Wallet. He was the one who asked about my bike.

I call this lesson "respect your elders"

;)

What are you going to do to acclimatise to blighty? Mud, rain, dull skies, layers of clothing...........

Re:

OK, today was supposed to be just a drive to LA, but then Ben found the address of Santa Cruz bikes, would have been rude not to pop down and say hello, I also had a mutual friend in Jason Marsh of Marsh guard fame so we rolled up to their HQ and had a good look around their show area.

Then onto Fox forks! We git into the building, headed straight for their museum area which explains how Fox became Fox, the start in motor cross and the diversification to other sports, everything from bikes to dune buggies to snow mobiles to artificial Lims.

Looking forward to loading the pics!

After this we headed down the Pacific Coast Highway to LA, arrived around 830pm, just had an awesome 1/2 pound chicken burger with salad and fries, was so hungry that it barely touched the sides as it went down!

:D

Re:

If you have a time machine you could call into the Parkpre HQ in North of LA near the Simi Valley and get me some new original decals.

Back