A Keith Coppell in silver

Theoldfm":187sp6cg said:
I have just bought a Keith Coppell bike and am due to pick it up tomorrow night. I am pretty sure that it is a 531 frame with racing geometry, although it is wearing mudguards in the blurry auction photo below.

I would love to find out more about his frames / history etc and will be sure to post some pictures at the weekend once I have got it home.

:xmas-big-grin:
yep i was another watcher and couldnt understand why it went so cheap

Picked the bike up last night and it is lovely, complete with a smattering of Campagnolo bits too.

The frame has some beautiful details and is my size for a change @23.5"

This may end up being a keeper.

Got it home, took the mudguards off and swapped the wheels for some I had laying around and look what I have got!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,023
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,023
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,022
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,022
Very nice :) one and all.
I really like theoldfm's green and the hazyblue's silver.
Really smart and a great read.
Please keep them coming, and Paula, any information or stories you care to post about your dad I'm sure we'd all be appreciative of.
Thanks
Jamie

Hello Paula,
I have a Keith Coppell racer that I had custom made in 1989. The Serial Number on the bike is K1778.
The background is that I am from Australia but was living in Lancaster where my wife was on Sabbatical at the Lancaster University.
We both rode lots in and around the Lancaster area - one very enjoyable ride had us catching the train to Settle and cycling back to Lancaster. Back in Australia I raced, time trialled and competed in triathlons on this bike.
Interestingly about 10 years ago I sold the bike to a friend. I ultimately regretted this so much that 2years later he was kind enough to sell it back to me and I have it still.
I now have the bike set up as a cafe bike - single speed, freewheel - but could easily be converted back to a 9speed.
Best Regards TB

Hiya all

Well it's nice to see that Dad's bikes are appreciated and loved.

I am probably going to have a couple of Dad's own personal bikes up for sale at some point once i have had them valued etc, i have a "low profile" bike, a tandem and another bike that will be for sale so if you know anyone who would love them please let me know, i am keeping one of his bikes which is why i have only mentioned the three.

Hope you have all been taking advantage of the lovely weather and have had some lovely rides, Dad would have been in his element. I do have some in action photo's that i will try and post on here.

Take care

Paula
xxxxx

Back