A Happy Ending. Heartfelt thanks Please read.

I thought Oh-Oh when this was bumped up :? :LOL:

Glad youre on the single track of recovery :D Keep it together and dont push itm do a little bit and if you feel you can do some more then stop there and find the couch :cool:

Well HistoryMan i've just found your story as i'm not normally in this part of the forum and to put it bluntly i'm "Gobsmacked" as i've never known a story like it and i really have to admire your determination not to give in :cool:, although it wasn't the smart thing to do taking pics of your bike then going to the trouble of cleaning it after you got home instead of phoning the emergency services asap . I have to take my hat off to you for not giving in and that self determination is proving to be a big plus in you recovery and i'm so impressed that i'm going to seriously lose weight thanks to your story as i really need to and on the plus side it has been just over 12 months since i last had a cigarette so i've managed to do something right ..

Just keep up the great progress mate as your doing really well but don't push yourself to hard to soon lol ;) ..

You're a lucky man, THM. Personally I'd have called 999 a lot sooner, but that's because I lived with an ICU nurse for 25 years!

It's a lesson to us all, though. I'm 51 now; I used to race regularly - time trial, track, mountainbikes, recumbents, and commute 30 miles a day. I used to win races. I quit racing at about 42 because I needed a break, and put on about two stone in as many months. I never smoked, but I loved my food and beer. A few years back I separated from the good lady, went downhill a bit, put on more weight (up to 14.5 stone) and was doing no exercise. Then I got done for DD (got t-boned by a car the morning after the night before, about 6.30am), and lost my license. Dusted the bikes down, gave up drinking for a year, got a job in a bike shop, lost three stone, fell in love with my bikes again. Happy times.

But what I did do was go and get myself checked out thoroughly by my doctor, because there is a history of heart disease in my family. I went for ECG's, scans, the lot. I got the all-clear. I have my bloods checked every six months and although I can spend a day riding, I have to remember that I'm not going to win the Nationals again and I'm not a kid any more. It helps to keep a perspective.

I'm saying this because a good number of us (I say us, tho I've only just joined this place; God knows why I didn't do it years ago, this place is a gold mine) are not youngsters any more, and if you are going to thrash about a bit after a few years lay-off, like I did, then get yourself checked out first. It's amazing what underlying issues they can spot. Look at poor old Steve Worland last month - it can happen to anyone :(

Anyway, having said all that it's three months since your incident now - I hope the recovery is going well and you're back out on the bike in some shape for the summer. Ride on :)

Cheers bud and welcome to the madhouse!

Sound advice for all. I ALWAYS ride with a monitor now by law.

Ian Raleigh":rt20ywt8 said:
I bet it was the sex that bought on the attack..lol

On a seriousness note mate you look after yourself and we don't want to loose you.... yet :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzeDqRhM09w

Please don't tell us you could hear him through the wall !! :oops:

Look after yourself big man , good to meet you at Honc, and get that Orange built ;)

Mike

Mike Muz 67":21dk9gm8 said:
Please don't tell us you could hear him through the wall !! :oops:
Plasterwork is fooked mate! Cracks everywhere and as for the framed photo being 'bumped' off the wall is something else :LOL:

Back