A Happy Ending. Heartfelt thanks Please read.

Good to know you are still kicking about!

As some said, 'time flies' and it flies faster as the years go on.

Richard

The History Man":3ee4umfa said:
Another year has passed. Still here. Riding, being careful, always using a monitor, gaining weight, not eating as healthily as i should.

No excuses for that. Its a manner of planning and self control.

Easier said than done but it isnt impossible with not too much effort or cost.

Still here, just. I am forever grateful to those responsible for my care and the retrobike fraternity for support and your coninuing tolerance. I take absolutely nothing for granted these days.

Keep an eye on yourselves people.

Love to all.

Still scares the living sh*t out of me when I think back. Endorphins are a wonderful thing.

The History Man":1ica53xl said:
Still here, just. I am forever grateful to those responsible for my care and the retrobike fraternity for support and your coninuing tolerance. I take absolutely nothing for granted these days.

Keep an eye on yourselves people.

Love to all.

Still scares the living sh*t out of me when I think back. Endorphins are a wonderful thing.

Somehow I missed this one HM but I have just read through your thread in it's entirety. I am very happy that things are going well for you and wish you all the best for 2018 – and beyond!

Considering what happened to you and what you have been through, you have been incredibly well blessed – not just with surviving – but particularly with your care and recovery and with the messages and acts of overwhelming support and love from everyone.

I've been through the 'wars' myself recently. I can only repeat the sound advice you have given about taking nothing for granted, keeping an eye on yourselves and being careful and listening to your bodies. It's also very important that people do go to their GPs or get to hospital if feeling more than jaded and struggling. It is not time wasting anyone's time or resources. Do make that call – it could make a difference and also save your life.

PS: After your heart attack whilst out riding, I am amazed that you still had the presence of mind to take photographs, get home, clean and lube your bike, before calling for help. Top man – that's dedication! And don't give up.

Not sure about dedication. More a reliance on routine to allow me to process what was happening. There was no way I was going to be found where it happened so just got on with it.

Hope you're getting over your battles.

Back