'98 Teesdale Hot??

Anthony":3hqilzvq said:
The photo below strengthens my belief that this is a 1997 853 Hot, because (and I know this getting anal) the top tube cable stops are the same and they are unlike other Konas (my 97 Kilauea has quite different ones).

Well it has identical features to my 97 Hot, so that's promising. It could be one of the Altitude made Calderas though. Unfotunately the serial number will only show that detail.

Anthony":1fxgdsr0 said:
Rally_cat":1fxgdsr0 said:
This looks like the same kona that was claimed to be a TET hot a few months back. White powdercoat and all. It didn't have any decals or chainstay marks like I see though. He ended the auction early because he realized it wasn't a Tom Teesdale hot and then relisted it. I think I recall it selling for $71.
Well it was white, but I think that 'Hot' was eventually established to be a 91 Explosif, which has recognisably different geometry to the later bikes, so I don't think this can be the same frame. The seller in that case was a prominent member of another forum, so perhaps better not to delve too deeply.

It's Bushpig; He's a newer mod over on VRC and a member here as well. I don't think he would have a problem clarifying what went down with that frame; seems like a cool guy to me :)

Back