'98 Scott Endorphin FINISHED ! + 1st ride pics

Re: '98 Scott Endorphin morphin'

The History Man":21ebnkys said:
Iv'e got some tins of gloss left over from the saracen and the broom?

Thanks, but it's not matt black! Have you got any Coomber Pink ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Sorry, red !
Mike

Don't you remember the distressed LE?

I have red, royal blue, sky blue, white, emerald green..........

If you mix white and red you get............ E stay.

Re:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

LE ? You had a Zaskar?

Got to melt down some more lego bricks as I spotted a few bits I missed when filling in :roll: :oops:

Fell off riding the long way home tonight . . . uphill ! :shock: :facepalm:

Wet compacted chalk and around 35psi is not the way ahead !

Re:

Happy weekend all!

Small update on the fantastic plastic bike, or - more to the point - frame that I've been working on.
Having primered (is that a word? ) it, there were a few more bits that needed tidying up, as a result, I've now done those, primered again today, and now ready for some yellow.

BTW, that is tape over the 'SCOTT' decals on the inside of the backend, in case you were wondering.
Now, should I leave it for a couple of days to dry/harden before I start with the finish colour, or not?
At least I have had time in between coats to think about how I'm going to set it up.

It's getting there,

Mike

Attachments

• endo frame u1.jpg
    endo frame u1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,098
  • endo frame u2.jpg
    endo frame u2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,098
  • endo frame u3.jpg
    endo frame u3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,098

So it's a hardtail, trying to look like it's not?

Re:

Sort of.

It's built to allow a small degree of flex in it, so that makes it a soft tail in my world.
Enjoying the challenge of trying to improve it from the state I got it in. Think back to the Guy Martins Spitfire 'restoration' but found in a worse state ! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Keep at it but not removing the btake canti bolts is sheer laziness, it will e easier to sand with them out.

Lreave to harden dand with 600, primer again sand with 800, top coat sand 1200 one last top coat that shoukdnt need sandong if the prep waas done.

02gf74":2ruhez7g said:
Keep at it but not removing the btake canti bolts is sheer laziness, it will e easier to sand with them out.

Lreave to harden dand with 600, primer again sand with 800, top coat sand 1200 one last top coat that shoukdnt need sandong if the prep waas done.

They're actually bonded in, and with no flats on them.

Thanks for the advice.
I was going to use Scotch pads to flatten back down for next coat. The lines you can see in pics are masked over original stickers. Reverse-masked on one edge so as not to get definite lines. Heard about this on a TV programme.

Mike

Reverse masked? Isn't that like the end of Scooby Doo?

The History Man":2ueykgsn said:
Reverse masked? Isn't that like the end of Scooby Doo?

Er, wouldn't know, I'm 46 !

I would have thought that the end was the titles though!

Going out on my 29ER today! :LOL: :LOL:

Better make sure I don't try to go around any bends though, if some theories are to be believed.

Mike

Back