97 Bontrager Privateer Comp

Hey slackboy👋 Thank's for asking:)
I've sourced all the bits except for a seatpost (I think!? [27.0?])
Paint stripping's nearly done- just some awkward bits (for which I've recently invested in a rotary tool 👍 )- and I've recently got the new decals from Gil...
Been working on a couple of other builds and sourcing parts for them so I have to say I've been distracted!
But she will be born again🐣! Hopefully by summer☀️😎

Been working on this again. Paint's all gone bar a few fiddly bits. Removed quite a bit of rust- sanding and chemical treatment. I just want to get all the rivet nuts replaced before taking it to be powder coated. Couple of weeks should see it ready to build. Finally!?
I'll add some more pic's when I get round to taking them off the camera...

Did you ever get any further with this?
No. I took it to the only LBS near here that had the tools, but they only had one riv-nut left. That went in and then the owner was off on holiday. I rang him when he got back and he'd not ordered any more in yet- then I never rang again (he seemed a bit cross actually IIRC)!? Got distracted by the Monarch Ultra build and then the Mokomoko took all my attention. I fully intend to build it but just been sidetracked by other things- currently working on a 95 Explosif...and there's something else in the pipeline that will, no doubt, delay the Bonty a little more. Maybe next year!?:oops::D

Thanks for that 👍 Onto Amazon I go...(and back to plan A-it's only a few quid at the LBS):)

Last edited:
Back