'96 Klein Attitude Build

Re:

I'm sure 35 will work fine. All the Shimano stuff I've seen is 34.9 (stamped on the inside of the clamp)

very close now, just paid Jon for the respray, and hopefully it's on its way to me now. Here's the first photo, which Jon sent me as I've asked him to use MC1 era graphics even though it's a '96 MC2 frame. I just prefer the look of the Klein logos on the forks and downtube. I know it's not period correct, but it's just what I want.

first%20image%20of%20bike_zpsaitdmclx.jpeg

That's what an MC1 graphic looks like on the MC2. Jon assures me that the orange is nice and bright even though his mobile phone camera doesn't show it.

Can't wait to get it now and start the build. Only thing I'm missing is the XTR FD-M950 34.9 bottom pull, which I'm really struggling to find - any suggestions ?

here it is, first proper photo of the frame and forks. Jon sent me this earlier today. Hopefully I will have it with me to start the build in a couple of weeks, can't wait to see it in the flesh/metal

hi%20res%20Frame%20photo_zpsplx6jorh.jpg

Re:

That is fantastic paint :cool:

Looking forward to seeing you get this built up, and ridden!

Re:

I like it. you always see mc1s repainted by Klein in the mc2 schem so this balances it out!

for the Fd aren't m950 top and bottom pulls the same except for the one interchangeable part the cable attaches to? Ig do this eases your search as you can swap parts around

OK, so finally I've got the frame, I think it looks fantastic.

here's some photos (apologies for Nelson the dog's guest appearance in a couple of them)...

IMG_0577_zpslixm0o5z.jpg

IMG_0580_zps90rkmzjy.jpg

IMG_0587_zpsghodf2ld.jpg

IMG_0591_zpsc6yngfem.jpg

IMG_0593_zpsjichdzdj.jpg

IMG_0594_zpsvp0bmevs.jpg

IMG_0595_zps0sif76h9.jpg

Looking forward to finding the time to get it built properly, more photos to follow as I get the time

Very yummy...painted very well you did well to get her painted so quickly he does great work....come on get her built....

OK, nearly there, I went to a friends place today (he's a bike mechanic on the side) and got most of the bike built. Only slight snag was missing the bottom bracket cable guide. Here's a couple of photos of the build in progress...

IMG_20161211_104827_zpssdrglndc.jpg

IMG_20161211_101902_zps7sgta94n.jpg

IMG_20161211_093739_zpsnfb4xi7i.jpg

also looks like the forks are a little too long, I need to take off a few mm from the top - any advice on how to do this ?

Back