'95 Marin Team Titanium

Looking superb Andy, built down to a good weight too (I knew I'd like it more than mine :LOL: ).

Are you running the chainguide thingy you mentioned? What make is it?

beavis":1fjebo5y said:
Looking superb Andy, built down to a good weight too (I knew I'd like it more than mine :LOL: ).
:LOL: Yeah, the weight is better than I expected. Strange how other folks bikes appear to be more desirable sometimes, especially if you owned the bike previously!
Are you running the chainguide thingy you mentioned? What make is it?
Yeah I have a chainguide fitted, a E13 XCX ST it's eye-wateringly expensive though. The only other option was a Paul's chain keeper, also damn expensive.

My options were limited by using a regular Sq taper BB, with external BB's you have more options and they're a lot cheaper.

Only pic I have where you can see the chain device:

P1020814 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

I think a black one with the low clamp would have been better in hindsight :roll:

Pic of the Team Ti in action, courtesy of DryStonePaul.

Taken on the Forest Of Dean Retrobike National Event

RB-FoD_20.jpg

WD Pro":2wny9yny said:
Nice :cool:

How do you find the forks ? (I have them for my airborne) :D

WD :D
The forks are very good once they're set up right, I'm still finding the right +ve & -ve air pressures for me

They're not bedded in yet so still don't feel as plush a my much older Reba fork (maybe too much air in the Sid's)

They're comparatively stiff for a lightweight xc fork, they don't feel as stiff as my Fox F100's, but the Sid's are lighter

I have to say if I can get them as plush as the Reba's they may well become my favourite forks

Back