'95 Bontrager Privateer , NOW FINISHED ! ! !

I Have a Bontrager Privateer 96 Steel Fork. Sadly Now superseded by a road bike. I am looking to sell to an enthusiast who will appreciated a steel frame. Frame has chipped paint some surface rust near the bottom bracket. All original components except drive train and tires and saddle. Any advice on a fair price? Local cycle shop suggested posting up on a forum. Apologies for tagging onto your post I am trying to find someone with knowledge of these bikes
Any help appreciated

Re:

Nice mate, got to love a grey Bonty, not that I'm at all biased ;)

Surely its an "Off Road" though, or does it just have OR decals?

Very Nice job. What did you do with the Judy forks.......................... :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Good restoration & build, Mike - the bike looks really good :) I have got to ask though - does it fit you properly ?

I know others have asked about the seatpost sticking out of the top of it, wondering ! We can all ride anything if we really try, but..... You need a bigger frame dude. Seriously. If you're 6' 3" then that (fantastic) frame is too small for you.

I've made the same mistake myself in the past :oops: I threw everything into a really expensive frame that was too small for me, and hated the bike. I ended up on a £50 frame that fits me like the proverbial glove. I'll never sell it.

edit: Reading back - I should also say... if you love it then great. Ignore nay-sayers like me! It's your bike after all. I was just commenting because I know how much better riding was once I found the right frame size for me :)

Re:

Good morning all , back to work then :(

It does have OR stickers but I'm sure the previous owner said it is a Privateer .

HM , thanks . The forks are gathering dust in the loft .

Hi Paddy , cheers . I do like a low riding position , look at the link to my Fisher bike in my sig. My longest ride so far is around 3hrs , didn't have any issues with position then . Too many years road riding , you see :oops:

Re:

That's a really neat and tidy build Mike, and it's good to see a bit of exposed..... seatpost, us tall guys need to stick together.

Re:

Hi Neil ,

It's not the sort of bike that I can improve my wheelies on ! But give me a climb and it's great ;)

Mike

Re:

Well done mate, Hope you are enjoying it. Glad the stem went to a good home... :cool:

Re: Re:

sinnerman":30cbnr3e said:
Well done mate, Hope you are enjoying it. Glad the stem went to a good home... :cool:

Thanks buddy , I owe you one ;)

Mike

Re:

Lovely bike, and good to see it being used. My Bontrager is still my favorite bike in the fleet.. Like a cycling soulmate.

Back