93 OCLV weightweenie Project *Latest weigh-in pg. 22*

Re:

I wonder if you could save a few grams with some gripshifts instead of those thumbies? You could still use your foam grips and cut them off.

Re: 93 OCLV weightweenie Project *April 2019 Update*

I'd need to save 90gms to get below the magical 20Lb...

just weighed a set of SRT 800 @ 123g.
Suntour thumbies are around 150g...

63g to go!

My_Teenage_Self":2x8de6hd said:

63g to go!

still an impressive weight even if it has pushed you just over the 20lbs threshold

Latex inner tubes ?

Retro Spud":100x0zft said:
My_Teenage_Self":100x0zft said:

63g to go!

still an impressive weight even if it has pushed you just over the 20lbs threshold

Latex inner tubes ?

It's already got Air B tubes :(

I even weighed my Coda magics, the came in 25g heavier than the Middleburn/royce combo.

I'm really not sure it's possible to shed 60g while staying retro... Meh. I'm happy :)

This bike got under my skin a while ago, and consumed me. It then got ignored, and is now consuming me all over again. I can't stop being niggled by the fact that the bike is now *just over* 20lb.

"Yeah, it's pretty light, feel how light it is. Well, as you ask, it's just over 20lb..."

Unacceptable.

After riding it at Mountain Mayhem, I fell in love with it all over again, and have ridden it a number of times since; Damn, it's fast.

I have some gripshift X rays that should shed about 25 grams, and a set of handlebars that should shed another 30 (ish) grams. I needed to lose about 90 grams, but then added a stainless steel anti-chainsuck plate... :facepalm: I'll be borrowing a set of calibrated scales, so accuracy will be assured shortly!

So, To You, The Good Folks Of Retrobike, Get Creative, Hone This Down, And Help Me Shed The Flab!!!

Must be period correct, maintain front suspension and 24 speeds, plus the Maguras must stay!

Re: 93 OCLV weightweenie Project *Shedding more weight*

get the seatpost height perfect and then chop the bottom off so it's not a millimetre longer than necessary

Re: 93 OCLV weightweenie Project *Shedding more weight*

cce":1b2cuccv said:
get the seatpost height perfect and then chop the bottom off so it's not a millimetre longer than necessary

hmm.. there's literally only a few mm of post to spare, and I don't think that I can bring myself to do that to a USE ti post...

jazzibizznizz":1b2cuccv said:
Could you start drilling holes in stuff?

Ahaaaa... good old drillium... I said I wouldn't... but can you suggest any parts on this that would tolerate it...?

Re:

Did you you change the M900 cassette for an M950 one as I suggested above?...good saving there :)

Back