93 OCLV weightweenie Project *Latest weigh-in pg. 22*

Re: 93 OCLV weightweenie Project

:)

Life got in the way for far too long! The paint needs time to go off, but I've booked a spot at Icon-O-Classic, so it has to be built by then!

Re:

Right. A bit more of an update! Paint is done, Hung in the garage. Decals are waiting, Gil M did good!

I've been gathering bits for a while, despite me not putting anything up here.

So, RidevintageMTB and Kaiser had me on the hunt for a lighter stem;

It matches my Handlebars! I also got a matching 27.2 seatpost, but at a weighty 289g, I grabbed this instead;

And with shim;

To top that is my trusty 'billion mile and countless crashes' Transalp that I bought new in 1994.

I was struggling to find a Looooong BB that was retro and lightweight for my Middleburn RS2s... Then, just as I was about to call Royce for a new one, this popped up for sale!

Unfortunately, they were sold with these :LOL:

Original Middleburn RS1s; fragile, but beautiful! These will be going on instead of the RS2s.

Rings and alloy bolts;

I've also picked up a set of Controltech skewers (that save about 4 grams over the X lites?!), and a Tioga Ti cassette, that comes in almost exactly the same as the 737. :facepalm:

Just waiting on a few bolts and bobs to arrive before she gets built! :D :D :D

Re:

I like a good weigh and build.
My wife wonders why I way everything before I out them on a bike or after I've bought them.

Re:

My_Teenage_Self":3o1gk60a said:
Ritchey WCS grips, which came in a little heavier than I was expecting! :(

SAM_0067.jpg

You've even put foam grips on the scales :facepalm:

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":2pgdxzty said:
You've even put foam grips on the scales :facepalm:

Hehe... you'll LOVE tonights update! :facepalm: :facepalm:

Got these in the post today... I have a set of black anodised SRP crank bolts, but don't think I could ever trust alu crank bolts...? I wouldn't normally bother with exotic bolts, but I can't bring myself to fit the black plastic and steel shimano cranks bolts to middleburn cranks!

MMMMmmmmmmm... Royce...

Re: 93 OCLV weightweenie Project

Really nice job and I want to see it when it will be done. For some more weight cut, you can switch from the foam grips to some cork tape. I think you can save like 20-30 grams with it. Not much but in this state I think it will be the cheapest saving : )

Re:

Getting there!

For anyone that *DOESN'T* want to waste 2 hours scratching their head and looking confused; Royce BBs have "RH" and "LH" on the shells. This (it would appear) refers to the thread type, not the side of the frame they go on... :facepalm:

Back