92' Rocky Mountain.....FINISHED trail pics added..

I'm not sure whether they are Citrus rims, but they certainly aren't Citroen as I saw some described the other day. :? I think they are Citron.

I wonder whether they would look nice, and go well with the frame and forks, if they wore some kind of biscuit or slightly orangey-coloured tyres?

You may be right Anthony. The tyres could well be the thing that holds the colours all together here. I could have just gone for black or silver rims I guess but was looking to just offer a slightly different build.
The forks are so prominent that it's hard to put anything alongside them.

I think it will work out in the end once I get the black bits on and cables and whatnot. And orangy/biscuit rubber could well be the key :)

;)

img_0785_761.jpg

Anthony":2xbtva81 said:
I'm not sure whether they are Citrus rims, but they certainly aren't Citroen as I saw some described the other day. :? I think they are Citron.

citroen is Dutch for lemon. Maybee that's were it went wrong(ish)

Seemingly been ages since I posted on this build. I have been waiting for a couple of stems to arrive from Canada (thanks Frank, they are sweet!) to complete the build. I still need pedals and need to set up the cantis (the bane of my life, I just cannot get the hang of it :(
I will take some nicer pics but here are a couple to show you where I am..
PS I ditched the 'Citron' wheels in favour of black in the end :)

rocky003.jpg

rocky.jpg

Hey Del, glad those stems finally arrived to you! *phew*

That looks excellent mate! What pedals are you looking for? I have a few sets of XTs kicking around if interested. ;) If I had known you were looking, I would have offered them up earlier and you'd have them with the stems now. :LOL:

sylus":3bpktz64 said:
just humour this ignorant man

did michelin ever do grey tyres?

Michelin XCR (dry, mud, at) series are grey, but they're relatively modern as opposed to retro if that's what you're after.

DSC05491.jpg

that Stratos is a nice one :cool: you'r doing right changing the rims to the black ones - 92 is a great Rocky vintage ;)

riding pos. is OK for you ? - my back would sent a protest note :LOL:

magas":16jiak65 said:
that Stratos is a nice one :cool: you'r doing right changing the rims to the black ones - 92 is a great Rocky vintage ;)

riding pos. is OK for you ? - my back would sent a protest note :LOL:

I think I was just trying to be clever with the other rims whereas black now seems like the obvious choice.

I am 'hoping' riding position is gonna be ok, put it that way. It does looks a little steep :roll:

Back