'92 Raleigh Peak

ultrazenith":j3hhhlm1 said:
I think this is one of the best 501 Raleigh buils I've ever seen! congrats mate.

Thanks.

al. :D

Re: Re:

al":2mts1shd said:
This bike came with a 'Champagne' colour seatpost that didn't colour match the silver stem which in my world is a kin to smearing the whole bike with dog sh1t!!

How on earth could anyone when designing and building a bike spec mismatched components! they should be taken out and flogged... firm but fare I think.

al.

According to the Raleigh off road catalogue that colour seat post is Gunmetal Grey :eek: and tbh these fancy colours have always looked a bit weird :| .

I suppose the designer at Raleigh thought it would add a modern twist to the look at the time but i reckon he was to colour blind to notice how crap it actually looked :facepalm: ..

Ian..

Muddy paw":27idzx23 said:
al":27idzx23 said:
This bike came with a 'Champagne' colour seatpost that didn't colour match the silver stem which in my world is a kin to smearing the whole bike with dog sh1t!!

How on earth could anyone when designing and building a bike spec mismatched components! they should be taken out and flogged... firm but fare I think.

al.

According to the Raleigh off road catalogue that colour seat post is Gunmetal Grey :eek: and tbh these fancy colours have always looked a bit weird :| .

I suppose the designer at Raleigh thought it would add a modern twist to the look at the time but i reckon he was to colour blind to notice how crap it actually looked :facepalm: ..

Ian..

More like the far east component maker sold them 5,000 for a good rate. If they had asked Zoom to do the same colour it would have worked a treat... This mass produced bike thing is new to me!! I'll be building a Trek next time.

al. ;)

al":33jh7bog said:
More like the far east component maker sold them 5,000 for a good rate. If they had asked Zoom to do the same colour it would have worked a treat... This mass produced bike thing is new to me!! I'll be building a Trek next time.

al. ;)

Well if manufacturers cut cost's by making deals like that then you can't expect good results but like you say if Raleigh had done a deal with Zoom then the results would of been something to shout about ;) ..

I've never been able to afford anything other than a mass produced bikes and i'd never thought of owning anything else due to cost but i would love a Ti framed Kona although i know theirs very little chance of that happening but any how Treks have made some lovely bikes in the past ;) so what have you got in mind then ? ..

Muddy paw":1t2e90wu said:
al":1t2e90wu said:

al. ;)

Well if manufacturers cut cost's by making deals like that then you can't expect good results but like you say if Raleigh had done a deal with Zoom then the results would of been something to shout about ;) ..

I've never been able to afford anything other than a mass produced bikes and i'd never thought of owning anything else due to cost but i would love a Ti framed Kona although i know theirs very little chance of that happening but any how Treks have made some lovely bikes in the past ;) so what have you got in mind then ? ..

I've got a 9000 series 'pogo stick' waiting to be built.

Don't be defeatist... you can have a Ti Kona one day.

What size frame do you ride?

al.

al":1bxdre95 said:
Muddy paw":1bxdre95 said:
al":1bxdre95 said:

al. ;)

I've got a 9000 series 'pogo stick' waiting to be built.

Don't be defeatist... you can have a Ti Kona one day.

What size frame do you ride?

al.

1992 or 1996 model with green or orange swing arm as i quite like the orange myself with the black frame ;) .

I'm not being defeatist one bit mate as i just know that their are very few out there and the mrs would kill me if i mentioned getting another bike atm :shock: :LOL: ..

Oh yes frame size well my 89 FireMountain is an 18" and the Ravine is 19" and they both feel pretty comfy although i did have a 17" 1996 Hardtrax bitd and that was a little cramped so i'd say my ideal size bike for all round use would be an 18" .

Ian

Back