'92 Raleigh Peak

Re:

Yes It's not a 93, I'm new to all this bicycle stuff!!

It rides far better than some bikes I've owned that have cost me a hell of a lot more... scaffold poles it's not. This was a mid price bike that many thousands of us started out on and is a very competent bike for the price.

al.

Re: Re:

al":3kgqp175 said:
Yes It's not a 93, I'm new to all this bicycle stuff!!

It rides far better than some bikes I've owned that have cost me a hell of a lot more... scaffold poles it's not. This was a mid price bike that many thousands of us started out on and is a very competent bike for the price.

al.

Yes it is a nice riding bike as i found out the other day when having a quick ride out on the Ravine and my more modern 09 Rockrider just feels dead by comparison but i've always felt that reynolds frames have a far better feel to them then alloy and plain cromo and as for the scaffold pole comment well i don't really mean anything by that as i was just mucking around ;) ..

Re:

Happy with that...

al.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 453
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 453
Nice work al as she looks a real beaut ! ;) :cool: and what's the handlebar stem you've put on the Peak mate as it suits the bike a lot better than the original Zoom stem ? ;) .

I'm in the middle of sorting out a few better quality bits for my Ravine atm but it will be a few weeks before i'll actually get my paws on them :( although i have manged to score a pair of the original wheels and seat post for it and as soon as i get the chance they'll be going on ;) ..

Ian

Re:

Thanks...

It's cro-mo Raleigh M-Trax one and yes it looks far better than the Zoom one as it didn't match the seatpost colour and aggravated me! Then once going to ahead and black I needed to change the post, then the saddle as it was stuck to the post, then the bars etc... you know how things go.

I have always gone for black finishing kit on my bikes as I prefer the way it looks.

al.

Re: Re:

al":34zogz23 said:
Thanks...

It's cro-mo Raleigh M-Trax one and yes it looks far better than the Zoom one as it didn't match the seatpost colour and aggravated me! Then once going to ahead and black I needed to change the post, then the saddle as it was stuck to the post, then the bars etc... you know how things go.

I have always gone for black finishing kit on my bikes as I prefer the way it looks.

al.

Raleigh M-Trax was obviously a great decision and not just because it's black as it's got a nice shape and a real good reach to it which really compliments those forks a treat and tbh i've not had a saddle stuck to a post in years but yes i was down that road not so long ago with a previous back that i got and what started out as just replacing a couple of small parts just seemed to snowball to the point of only having the original seat post , saddle and bottom bracket left on the frame .

I like the black finishing kit idea although i've just recently put a silver cromo Zoom stem only to realise i'll be putting the original black seat post back on but with the black n silver chainset i'm putting on in a few weeks i've yet to decide what's happening with the Zoom stem although i do have the original black one which is a shorter reach but i'd rather have the longer reach so will see what's what later on ..

Re:

This bike came with a 'Champagne' colour seatpost that didn't colour match the silver stem which in my world is a kin to smearing the whole bike with dog sh1t!!

How on earth could anyone when designing and building a bike spec mismatched components! they should be taken out and flogged... firm but fare I think.

al.

Back