91 raleigh dynatech odyssey-mayhem bike finsihed pics pg4

Re: 91 raleigh dynatech odyssey - mayhem race bike

not the best pics but its painted. hopefully getting decals sorted tomorrow and ready for clear coat.happy with the results thus far, been fairly cheap to do and it wont be a garage queen so wont get upset if it sees dirt and muck. hopefully got a bb coming i can adapt for the revolvers this week so steady progress.

from this

Re:

Looks great mate ! :cool:

Stickers from Gil ?

Shame you didn't cut the bosses off the rear dropouts though.
Are the forks done too?

never thought to, never mind, may fit guars to it if it rains..... :) decals are eiher gil or apparently weve a machine at work that does them, so popping in today to have a looksee (need to sort a risk assessment for tomorrows team building day....riding around ladybower in the peaks, tough job eh haha) jut bought an early team jersey as well so as long as the xxl size isnt too far off, bring on the mayhem!!!!!

not much done apart from.....

preping some old easton bars for paint

awaiting paint and clear to arrive. Decals have been ordered, a mate does them from an auto tuning shop, quality will be okay but its a rider more than owt and theyre bloody cheap....mates rates :)

also lengthened a steerer for the rc30s with a bbb adapter, theyll do until i can get some more funds together and get a new longer one. it aint gonna be getting too much hammer so should be fine for now....

hopefully i can start building it up as a bike this weekend

also started rebuilding the old tioga revolvers. the paint had been done already so ill helicopter tape them ready for riding. last time i rode them they shat themselves and fell apart at the bb, mainly because of the mis-matched cups used. ive soureced some new bearings and am going to use some new euro bb cups for a bmx. these have room for 4 bearings so load and smoothness should be great. gave up trying to buy another set for reasonable money haha. also found a NOS spider as mine was slightly bent, this was listed as a bmx spider on ebay and was dirt cheap!!! wish id bought 2 now.

and a rather cool jersey arrived today as well ;)

think this will get the suntour treatment also

legrandefromage":3oprkmib said:
Shhhhh...

That top tube is bent...

Shhhhh...

i was hoping no one noticed, does it stand out that much? Crikey ;(

yeti colours turquoise and yellow raleigh with revolvers, I love it, and the haro-esq bent top tube too......
Props due sweeet ride

Re:

Cheers dude, just applied the decals and im well happy, just needs clear coat. Painted the bars but it was too cold......and i rushed a bit so has a few runs which need sorting. Managed to add a but of red/orange too. not the same as the team bikes but enough of a nod in my opinion. Getting excited again with this. The diablo kinda stole the thunder this weekend.....

Back