90s timberline

electronicaeric":3o6yec2j said:
It rides quite well :D

The Timberline of course :D , well I picked up one for the princely sum of $30 and I'm going to give it a few renovations, well Singlespeed it. I have two other geared GT hardtails so time for something different.
It is also a 93 in Rainforest Green.

Behold the Timberline in its 'before' photos with some flat tyre action.

Timberline1.jpg

It reminds me alot of a my GT Talera. Good old fashioned straight gauge tubing and rigid forks - woo hoo.

electronicaeric":17bur0rd said:
Good luck with the resto Mr Crudley :D

Thanks, most of the replacement parts have arrived.
A few spokes have popped I'll true up the wheels and re-pack the hubs, headset etc.

The seatpost has rusted a bit and didn't want to come out but regular lashings of Nulon spay lube (this stuff it THE best for stuck parts - there is no equal) and a vice have done the trick.

I'm taking my time with this one though but I'm pretty keen to see it all done.
The Green Ourys look so bad that they are good ;)

i'll post the 'after' shot when it is all done.

Mr Crudley":3iy8kcj6 said:
electronicaeric":3iy8kcj6 said:
Good luck with the resto Mr Crudley :D

Thanks, most of the replacement parts have arrived.
A few spokes have popped I'll true up the wheels and re-pack the hubs, headset etc.

The seatpost has rusted a bit and didn't want to come out but regular lashings of Nulon spay lube (this stuff it THE best for stuck parts - there is no equal) and a vice have done the trick.

I'm taking my time with this one though but I'm pretty keen to see it all done.
The Green Ourys look so bad that they are good ;)

i'll post the 'after' shot when it is all done.

Look forward to it :D

electronicaeric":3glktr3o said:
Look forward to it :D

Here is what happened. It has been cleaned, buffed, glued, Autosol'ed, polished, fishoiled and rebuilt. The BB, wheels, grips, seatpost (which just didn't want to leave the frame), tyres, cables, sprockets, brakes, chain have been replaced. Most bits taken from me and my buddy's parts bins. Too much was spent considering it is no Xizang but, well, it happens :oops: you can't stop halfway.....

The green ourys are the wrong green :LOL: but they will go darker after a few rides. The Avid Flak Jackets match spot on. The donated big puffy 2.4 Motoraptor gives it a Pugsley-seque feel. Those low end GT stems are at nosebleeder heights so you have to install it as low as you can to avoid sniggering. The Altus10 cranks mate up well with the Surly SS sprocket.

I'm pleased with how it turned out. Like riding what I had 20+ years ago. I just love those GT paintjobs :cool:
I have christened it 'Justin Timberline' much to a chorus of 'Don't f^&ing, call it f&*9king that, you f%^&' ... :roll:

Drum roll please........

Timberline9.jpg

Back