90s dura ace, what frame?

Re: Re:

Jimny14":3iy9p6uf said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trek-frame-set/223166269041?hash=item33f5bf0671:g:psEAAOSwAspbS6A9

So just spotted this. Could be interesting, anyone got any thoughts?

At first glance it looks like an OCLV; the paintjob looks like US Postal colours. However I am 99% sure it isn't; the welds at the head tube look like aluminium frame welds; the OCLV has very sooth joins here.
Not many details in the listing. I would personally avoid and pay a bit more for a genuine OCLV, if you are going to havng 7700 Dura-Ace onto a frame it would have to be something special.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I wondered the same after a bit more looking and sent a message which confirms it is indeed aluminium.

I was going to say a Colnago master, but I owned a GT Edge in steel. Fillet brazed in Colorado. Lovely bike. They made a titanium version as well as an alloy. The Ti. would been a sweet ride with Dura Ace.

Back