'89 Giant Super Sierra **FINISHED**

looking good, can't wait to see it. It will look a bit sharper than my Giant Escaper I'll be on for Sundays ride.

Looking good, well done, will get a pic up of mine up for you sometime, apart from modern tires and a replacement crank it's like it's straight out the factory all original.

Finished my build at 9.45PM on Saturday night just in time to take her to the Leith Hill ride. I basically rode up and down the road, made sure gears shifted and that was that, in the car and ready for morning! Thankfully she rode like an absolute dream. Ok, may have been a bit jittery on the down hill sections but that was more the rider than the bike :) Handling was surprisingly agile and despite the weight she climbed very well indeed. Definitely gonna be a rider and I think me and her will be spending a lot of time together in the coming months. To cap it off winning 'Bike Of The Ride' was brilliant! I smiled all the way home :)

Frame: 535 DB Cromo

Fork: 4130 Cromo

Headset: Shimano
Handlebar: Ritchey
Grips: Black foam (no name)

Brakes: XT Cantis, MT-60 U Brake
Brake Pads: ACOR Red
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano BL-MT63

Shifters: Deore ll 7 speed thumbies
Front Derailleur: Deore ll
Rear Derailleur: Deore ll
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: Suntour 7 speed
Chain: SRAM
Cranks: Shimano XT MT-60
Chainrings: Shimano
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: No Name Quill

Rims: Alesa
Hubs: Mailiard
Tyres: Ritchey Mud Max 1.9
Tubes: Continental

Saddle: Giant Avocet
Seatpost: SR Laprade
Seatpost Binder: SR Laprade

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

well done mate and bike of the ride winner too...!!!! i bet you grinned all weekend... :cool:

Thank you Doctor Bond! I am so glad I bought it off you now. Rode it weekend and it just fitted like a glove, really fun bike. Thanks again for the great deal :D

That's lovely! I really like the look of it! And love this chrome-color! Saw one exactly like this one on the last Dutch retroride! They are absolut stunning!

Good job!

Back