'88-'89 Explosif

Re: Re:

paulswheels":17v1esww said:
Nothing serious, just changing directions. The Kula for sure can go, the TET on the other hand.... Just trying to fund a modern bike. Was saddened to find out about Tom's death. But was at the right place for sure, in the saddle. Looking more towards riding than having few garage queens that rarely get to poke their heads out.

Yeah, I was shocked when I heard about Tom passing on, very sad news indeed. :( Well, I hope you can find a way to keep it, doesn't hurt to have at least one garage queen ;)

paulswheels":17v1esww said:
Both of my sons are eyeing the Hot for now.

The boy's are eyein' up dad's toys are they? Keep a close eye on them mate, could get out of hand! :LOL: ;)

The boy's are eyein' up dad's toys are they? Keep a close eye on them mate, could get out of hand! :LOL: ;)[/quote]

Ah, yes they are. Fortunately the boys know their limits on which of dad's toys they can touch and which one to just drool over :LOL:

Re: Kona's - the eternal wanted thread!

Al's the big one on the right :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• vultures.jpg
    vultures.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 439

Canuck":psoh07r0 said:
Al's the big one on the right :LOL: :LOL:

Al might be the big one on the right..i am the one circling highest :LOL:

Ernie ;)

Re:

Bringer of bad news...unless you snagged this: 94 Hot. It was on Craigslist Austin and Dallas last week. Interesting colour choice, it looks the same as the Kilauea...

0INjGW.jpg

To quote what I can salvage from the ad:

I have a 1995 Kona hot I bought brand new, Has a few minor Blemishes from moving more than riding. It was never raced or road hard. I mainly road it in town. Its all there as I picked it up. The grips and back tire are the only things ever changed. Tom Teesdale build as you see tet. ..

al-onestare":37tj476h said:
Bringer of bad news...unless you snagged this: 94 Hot. It was on Craigslist Austin and Dallas last week. Interesting colour choice, it looks the same as the Kilauea...

0INjGW.jpg

To quote what I can salvage from the ad:

I have a 1995 Kona hot I bought brand new, Has a few minor Blemishes from moving more than riding. It was never raced or road hard. I mainly road it in town. Its all there as I picked it up. The grips and back tire are the only things ever changed. Tom Teesdale build as you see tet. ..

I spoke with the seller back in December..He seemed friendly, he went to say that he knew of my collection{only assume he visited Retrobike}The bike got various scratches from moving various address, dent in seat tube, I did ask for more quality pics, they guy sent some low grade pics that were very dark and mussy/jaded. The guy was generally helpful..wanted top dollar {stating he has been offered $1200}..I explained that I paid £500 for my NOS TeT.., and the fact the colour is dull there is no way i will be offering anywhere near that, taking into consideration I only wanted the frame {and never owned a 17 frame} and the "dreaded import taxes" ....the guy never got back to me..

I have 10 grainy photo's that i will email if anybody wants them

Ernie ;)

In that case, well dodged I reckon. To me at least, if you're going to invest in a Hot, make sure it's top notch.

al-onestare":12w6kjdj said:
In that case, well dodged I reckon. To me at least, if you're going to invest in a Hot, make sure it's top notch.

Yes Al it was...if you are promoting a quality steed you would put as many photo's of decent quality to show good and bad bits..

To repeat the guy was generally helpful..

Ernie ;)

Back