Thanks SF Klein - that's very valuable information! :D

I'm meeting the guy in 45 minutes... I suppose I check for badges etc, confirm re-paint and haggle with a potential 2nd re-paint in mind..?

Any pics of original finish Mardis Gras Attitudes for reference?

Thanks again and best to all.

Mike

I don't have pics of an original and complete bike but this page is from the '93 catalog to show him that's official. The '93 may or may not have a head badge on it so not sure you have to push him about that. The catalog version of Mardi Gras doesn't look like it has as much black as the one in your pics. Good luck with your negotiation.

Attachments

• 93 catalog.jpg
    93 catalog.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 1,303
I also believe that it´s re-paint made by factory. Why it´s missing decals, hard to say.
That fork was available only 1990 and some early 1991 models.

Mardi Gras is not so common paint, I do like it :D

If I remeber correctly, this only Mardi Gras picture at Oldklein -site.
Would like to receive more.
mardigras.jpg

One pic from my archives...

Attachments

• adroit_mardi_bernd_1.jpg
    adroit_mardi_bernd_1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,285
mikeyb":1gc42uu2 said:
I'm meeting the guy in 45 minutes... I suppose I check for badges etc, confirm re-paint and haggle with a potential 2nd re-paint in mind..?

Mike,
I hope you bought this anyway!! :D :D

Gc

Thanks to everyone who replied on the thread! :D

The bike is way too big for me (I'm 5'11") so I won't be buying it.

It's 100% badge- and decal-less. Paint is bright and intact save a 3/4" to the metal chip on the top-tube - not too easy to see. If it's a respray (factory or otherwise) I do not know, it seemed flat enough but I would expect better from the factory...

XTR front and rear mechs, good general condition, a tiny touch of chain-suck, non-matching throw-away tyres, needs a minor service but headset / bb / hubs are tight, fork and stem/bar clean, gripshifts working well, unknown and unidentifiable (for me anyway) cranks - Italian supposedly. Rear brake cable running under rather than through top tube.

I've been contacted by another forum member and they have the first chance to follow-up with the seller. If he decides not to got for it then I will post the bikes location and asking price.

Cheers for now - and thanks again,

Mike

Back