80s Candy n Drinks

My step dad always used to get a sugar pig every Christmas and they'd live on a shelf never eaten

Alison

I think the nearest old style sweet shop is in bourbon on the water. My local paper shop sells chomps, freddos, drumsticks etc but no sugar pigs/mice.

I used to like fresca (grapefruit) but no longer in the UK still going , made by coca cola ...oh and cresta '' it's frothy man''

Came across a wee old fashioned sweetie emporium a while back.
I was fitting some very large oak garage doors id made for a customer and it was a hot day fraught with difficulties. Decided to take a break and wander in the area for a shop to get my sugar fix :D The householders kids had just returned from school and said they would take me to their local sweetie shop :D

:shock: :shock: Bloody Hell. It was like i'd fallen through a time worm hole. The whole shop was old style shopfittings, Wood, glass(with lovely beveled edges) and about 1000 cubby holes filled with all manner of sweets including some English stuff id never seen before. The assistant looked like she'd been installed with the woodwork, and that was at least 70yrs old by the look of things.

£10 later :oops:

Can I have a packet of Pacers, a Curly Wurly and a bag of Fish n Chips please mister. ...Ooh and a can of Cariba too.. :)

Didn't Cariba turn into lilt ?...................i used to love old ships tobacco (70's) made of toasted coconut strands.......yum :D

it might have done, but I've a feeling they were rivals?
anyway I haven't enough pennies, it'll have to be Panda Pops :(

Back